Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have valid NON B1/B2 visa. Previously applied B2 still under AP.Would it be an issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have valid NON B1/B2 visa. Previously applied B2 still under AP.Would it be an issue?

Hi Guys, please I need your immediate help. I have recently got my J1 visa about a month ago and I am preparing to travel in a few days to start my postdoc. However I also had applied for a B1/B2 tourist visa in 2016 that to this date it is under administreative processing. Logically since I got my clearance and J-1 visa in 2017 (1 month ago) I should be fine. But I need to know if the fact that I have a previous visa under processing will not cause any problem for my entry with this new visa. I assume if there were issues the embassy should have told me. But I need to make sure....

Originally posted by _postdoc_ View Post
    Hi Guys, please I need your immediate help. I have recently got my J1 visa about a month ago and I am preparing to travel in a few days to start my postdoc. However I also had applied for a B1/B2 tourist visa in 2016 that to this date it is under administreative processing. Logically since I got my clearance and J-1 visa in 2017 (1 month ago) I should be fine. But I need to know if the fact that I have a previous visa under processing will not cause any problem for my entry with this new visa. I assume if there were issues the embassy should have told me. But I need to make sure....
    Issuance/Denial/Under administrative processing of a visa does not in any way influence your entry using a different visa. Since you have a J1 visa stamped, and are planning to enter using that visa, details of any other visa are irrelevant.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X