Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add my new MBA degree to my in-progress EB2 green card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add my new MBA degree to my in-progress EB2 green card?

Hi Everyone - After a lot of effort and perseverance , I completed my MBA while waiting in EB2 (I-140) green card. Can anyone suggest how to include my hard earned MBA to my EB2 Green card process?. Thanks in advance!.

Originally posted by kumar21419 View Post
    Hi Everyone - After a lot of effort and perseverance , I completed my MBA while waiting in EB2 (I-140) green card. Can anyone suggest how to include my hard earned MBA to my EB2 Green card process?. Thanks in advance!.
    EB2 I140 is filed by your employer. It involves filing a LCA which involves job description and the qualifications the applicant/beneficiary needs to have. Once that is done, and your application is filed, it does not matter whether you get an MBA or any other degree. If you want to include your MBA, the employer has to go through the LCA process all over again. This would be of no help to you, since you would lose your priority date (if the previous petition is cancelled). If you are from India/China, given the long wait times, the priority date is of the biggest value. So I would suggest not to bother with including your MBA, unless you think this would get your I140 accepted, while the previous application is likely to be denied (which raises a question why was the previous one even applied).

If you already have an accepted I140 in the EB2 category, your new MBA is not going to do anything for your GC petition, since it is not going to push you into EB1. Your priority date is all that matters, and adding an MBA does not confer your petition any special status.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      EB2 I140 is filed by your employer. It involves filing a LCA which involves job description and the qualifications the applicant/beneficiary needs to have. Once that is done, and your application is filed, it does not matter whether you get an MBA or any other degree. If you want to include your MBA, the employer has to go through the LCA process all over again. This would be of no help to you, since you would lose your priority date (if the previous petition is cancelled). If you are from India/China, given the long wait times, the priority date is of the biggest value. So I would suggest not to bother with including your MBA, unless you think this would get your I140 accepted, while the previous application is likely to be denied (which raises a question why was the previous one even applied).

If you already have an accepted I140 in the EB2 category, your new MBA is not going to do anything for your GC petition, since it is not going to push you into EB1. Your priority date is all that matters, and adding an MBA does not confer your petition any special status.
      @scientist2016 - Thank you so much for the detailed response!!!. Sorry maybe I was not clear, I currently have I140 approved and your second paragraph did answer my questions. Thanks!.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X