Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1BCapexempt 5-6 months left

Hi,

My name is siva and I have an expired H1b petition was valid until August 2013. I left USA by April 2013 while 5/6 months left in the visa.

I have visted USA multiple times and each stays was about 2,1 years and 2.5 years. I have almost consumed 5.5 years in that h1b visa.

I know, I am eligible for cap exempt mode if I apply again. Incase, If I apply, will i get only the remaining months or Since I USA 4 years back the clock would reset to 6 years. So that I may get 1 or 3 years validitity if I apply.

In Short, If I apply in cap-exempt how many months or year(s) I will get it approved?

Please help.

thanks,
    Siva

Originally posted by esk View Post
    Hi,

My name is siva and I have an expired H1b petition was valid until August 2013. I left USA by April 2013 while 5/6 months left in the visa.

I have visted USA multiple times and each stays was about 2,1 years and 2.5 years. I have almost consumed 5.5 years in that h1b visa.

I know, I am eligible for cap exempt mode if I apply again. Incase, If I apply, will i get only the remaining months or Since I USA 4 years back the clock would reset to 6 years. So that I may get 1 or 3 years validitity if I apply.

In Short, If I apply in cap-exempt how many months or year(s) I will get it approved?

Please help.

thanks,
    Siva

You will only get the remainder time (6 Years minus time spent in US in H1 status). If you want fresh 6 Years, you need to file under fresh Cap.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X