No announcement yet.

Need help in shortlisting between Atlas America and Patriot America Plus Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help in shortlisting between Atlas America and Patriot America Plus Plan

I am based in San Francisco and need to buy visitors insurance for my parents who are visiting me from India for 5 months, they are aged 65 and 54. I have shortlisted two plans - Atlas America or Patriot America Plus plan, and need advice in finalising the plan to buy. Which one would you recommend based on your experience of policy coverage, ease of claim settlement, customer service support, hospital network in CA etc? Also what are the major differences? Is $50000 per person sum insured enough?

Both plans are very similar,same PPO network and both plan will provide coverage nationwide. Both plans plan will provide coverage worldwide excluding home country.

Link for fast comparison between Atlas America and Patriot America plus plan,
    Comparison of Atlas America and Patriot America Plus insurance plans. Fast comparison between Atlas America and Patriot America Plus showing only the differences to make easy comparison before buying travel medical insurance or visitors insurance.

Please call our office at (866)INSUBUY and any of our licensed agent will be glad to help you to select the right suitable plan as per your requirements.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Pre existing conditions

I understand that each case is different and you cannot say in advance if a claim will be allowed under acute onset of pre existing conditions.

However, can you tell the community what percentage of claims filed for acute onset are actually approved. That might give the community some data on the chances of their claim being approved.

Thank you.

Comment

Any claims data (or its statistics) are not published by any of the insurance companies.

Therefore, we have no way to provide that information to you.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Thank you. Its likely not published because it's too low to generate any hype.

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
          Any claims data (or its statistics) are not published by any of the insurance companies.

Therefore, we have no way to provide that information to you.

Comment

Reason: Medical claims information is protected by a federal law called HIPAA since 1996.

Therefore, claims data is not published voluntarily by any health insurance company in the US.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Thank you. I thought HIPAA covered release of medical records only. Approval/denial of claim was outside HIPAA but I could be wrong.

I am just trying to understand what are the chances of any claim being approved under acute onset of pre existing conditions so that I could make an informed decision before buying insurance for my parents.

Community members - have any of you filed a claim under acute onset of pre existing condition? If yes, for the benefit of the community, can you share (without divulging the details of the case) if the claim was approved or denied?

Thank you!

Reason: Medical claims information is protected by a federal law called HIPAA since 1996.

Therefore, claims data is not published voluntarily by any health insurance company in the US.

Comment

It is entirely up to you to agree or disagree with our comments.

That is the reason we have been provided.

Regrettably, we don't have any statistics to share with you.

Readers are definitely welcome to share their positive or negative experiences. However, in my past experience, most people with positive experience never bother to share. It is only the ones with negative experience who want to complain. Therefore, there is no way to find any kind of reliable statistics by reading the experiences alone.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

Both plans are very similar,same PPO network and both plan will provide coverage nationwide. Both plans plan will provide coverage worldwide excluding home country.

Link for fast comparison between Atlas America and Patriot America plus plan,
                  Comparison of Atlas America and Patriot America Plus insurance plans. Fast comparison between Atlas America and Patriot America Plus showing only the differences to make easy comparison before buying travel medical insurance or visitors insurance.

Please call our office at (866)INSUBUY and any of our licensed agent will be glad to help you to select the right suitable plan as per your requirements.

Thanks for your reply, after much consideration, I have purchased the Atlas America plan for my dad who is 65. For mom who is 54, I am inclining towards the Patriot America plan, as she does not have any history of pre-existing conditions. To be safe, I had both my parents get a medical check up done in June in India and their medical reports came out normal.

Can you confirm if the only difference between the Patriot America Plus and Patriot America plan is that the Patriot America Plus plan covers acute onset of pre-existing disease where as the Patriot America plan does not cover acute onset? Thanks in advance.

Comment

That is correct.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy

Comment

That is correct.
                      Great, thank you. Have bought both the plans from Insubuy. I had checked several other sites to purchase the coverage, but this user forum and your clear and prompt responses to every query have been very helpful in my research and decision making process.

Comment

You are welcome.

If you have any problems or have any questions at any time, please feel free to contact us at any time.

We are glad to help. And we are available 7 days a week.
                        Thanks & Regards
                        Insubuy

Comment

My parents 75 & 82 years old are visiting next week. They may stay more than a month. Can I buy policy month by month basis? Will I get refund if they decide to go back middle of the month?

Comment

Yes, you can buy most plans month by month.

Whether you get the refund for a partial month or not depend upon the plan you purchase.

Common refund policies are

As long as no claims have been submitted since the original effective date
                            * Pro-rated refund minus $25 cancellation fee.
                            * Pro-rated refund minus $50 cancellation fee.
                            * Fully unused months minus $25 cancellation fee.
                            * Fully unused months minus $50 cancellation fee.
                            Thanks & Regards
                            Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X