Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B to Green Card thru Marriage - Sponsor Question (I-864)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to Green Card thru Marriage - Sponsor Question (I-864)

Hi there all!

A little background: My husband has been here on an H1B visa which was just accepted for renewal. I am a US citizen. We are applying for a Green Card for him now. I am a stay at home mom, so we used his income as part of mine basically on the I-864 (and filed the concurrent I-864a for him), but we accidentally forgot to include on 2016 taxes stuff and got a RFE on this.

So I am sending an updated and correct I-864 (with correct 2016 information), copies of 2016 tax return where we filed jointly (like I said, I have no income, but we got married in 2016), copy of his 2016 W2, his work authorization, and a letter from his work confirming his current working status/job/income and their assurance that it will continue so after he becomes a permanent resident. Is there anything we're missing?

Also, on the I-864, Part 6 19a,b, and c it asks for Sponsor Income reported by my tax returns for the last three years - do I include my husband's income on the "Total Income" box for the most recent year, since we filed together and are married? I know for 2015 and 2014 I put my actual income for those years, since we weren't married. Just need clarification on this one part.

Thank you so much!

Originally posted by mouseymouse17 View Post
    and filed the concurrent I-864a for him
    He doesn't need to file I-864A, as he is the intending immigrant. But anyways...

So I am sending an updated and correct I-864 (with correct 2016 information), copies of 2016 tax return where we filed jointly (like I said, I have no income, but we got married in 2016), copy of his 2016 W2, his work authorization, and a letter from his work confirming his current working status/job/income and their assurance that it will continue so after he becomes a permanent resident. Is there anything we're missing?
    Include his recent pay stubs.

Also, on the I-864, Part 6 19a,b, and c it asks for Sponsor Income reported by my tax returns for the last three years - do I include my husband's income on the "Total Income" box for the most recent year, since we filed together and are married? I know for 2015 and 2014 I put my actual income for those years, since we weren't married. Just need clarification on this one part.
    You put the exact number it says on the "total income" line on your tax returns for those years, no matter how you filed.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X