My parents are already in the US and their I-94 is expiring 25th Jan 2007. My sister became a US citizen in end of Nov 2006. She wants to sponsor our parents GC's, but we are not sure of the process and have some specific questions.
1. Is it advisable to hire an attorney? I yes what are the average costs invovled?
2. Which forms are needed to be submitted besides - I130 & I-485.? Can these two forms be submitted at the same time?
3. Once the appropriate forms are filed, can my parents continue to stay beyond their I-94 period?
4. Typically in how much time is Parents GC approved?
5. My sister is in New York and I am in IL ( I am not a citizen yet). Will it be beneficial to file in NY vs IL or vice-versa? Which center to file - is this dependent on the temporary address of parents or is it dependent on the sponsorer's address?
6. Once all the paperwork is filed, can the parents go back to India if required? On what Visa will they come back in? They currently have a 10-year visitor visa expiring in Sep 2008.
Thanks in advance for your help.