Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Default FAQ - Read this before posting questions

Please read this FAQ before posting questions. Lot of questions that you have would be answered by reading this FAQ.

Additionally, you can also read FAQ at http://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa...-visa-faq.html

Sponsorship FAQ are at http://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa...a-usa-faq.html

If anyone would like to add any question/answer here, either send an email to info [at] immihelp.com or send private message to me.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Extension and I94 expiry

Q: I applied for visitor visa extension. My I-94 is about to expire and I have not yet received any response from USCIS. Will I become illegal after my I-94 expires? What whill happen if my application is denied?

A: You are considered legal as long as your extesnsion or
    change of status (I-539) application is under process, even if your I-94 has expired.

If the response is a denial, and your I-94 has expired, the CIS generally allows you 30 days to depart the U.S. starting from the date on the letter notifying you of their decision to deny an extension. If you do not depart within 30 days, you will be considered deportable. The CIS cautions that if you are refused permission to extend your stay, you may encounter problems with Consulates overseas the next time you apply for a U.S. visa because their computer records will indicate that you did not leave the U.S. within the time frame of your intial period of entry. Be sure to keep your rejection letter and proof of the date of your departure (a boarding pass is the best thing, but passport stamps showing entry into another country is also helpful) to give the consulate the next time you apply for a new visa. Having those may mitigate your apparant overstay and could improve your chances of renewing your visa without the five year restriction usually applied to people that have overstayed their visit.
    Immihelp Support

Q: What should be the interval between two visits on B1/B2 visa?

A: There is no interval pre-set by law because not every visitor has the same profile or the purpose of visit.The frequency of visits should match the purpose of visit.For example, Business visitors entering on a B1 may enter 10-12 times a year for short stays of a week or so without any problems. But a parent who has just spent 6 months with her children in US and enters again after a month will have problems.

Generally, people spending 5-6 months for casual stays should wait at least another 5-6 months before re-entering. There can be exceptions in cases of genuine need.
    Immihelp Support