I am in a peculiar position and really need the advice of the experts here. My 140 was approved in Oct last week and I had opted for CP for the final stage.
However, now my firm is doing to lay offs and I will be affected. I have taken an international assignment in my home country to DELAY the layoff, though I know for sure that as soon as the project is over, my job would be gone...
In this regard,
1. If I take a quick trip back to US for just filing for 485, will I be able to travel overseas immediately to get back to my project? If I am not able to get back to my project, I would be fired immediately and I think one needs to be in the job for 6 months after filing 485 to salvage it..
2. Assuming I file for 485 along with EAD, when can I expect my EAD to arrive?
3. If I am laid off in about 2-3 months from now, how can I salvage my GC? Can my employer help me by not canceling 140 or something...
Please advise.. This is sooooooo deeeeepressingg......
Thanks in advance
ps: I have a valid H1, am married, and have filed under EB2 in chicago area