Please help fill out DS-230 form!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help fill out DS-230 form!

My wife is petitioning her mother. We're U.S.A. citizen and living in U.S.A., and her mother is in Philippines.

My wife received part I & II of DS-230 form on Friday. We have several questions on it:

1. Should this form receive and fill-out by her mother in the Philippines?

2. Why is she received it?

3. Are there any other forms that her mother should receive?

4. What exactly is the order of DS-230 process?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hello,

beneficiary (your wife's mother) supposed to receive a "choice of agent" form before D230 ,so she has already pointed on someone as an agent .

Agent might be your wife(petitioner) or a lawyer.

D230 forms shall be filled by beneficiary but NVC sends it to the address declared for agent so now your wife can fill it with her mother's exact informations eg: her mother's name,date of birth,address, job ,tel ...
    (you can also download electrical version of D230 and send it to your mother in order to she fill them by herself.)

*** check with embassy cause some of them only accept fillable version printed

you should received some other pages describing documents you shall send to NVC like:

copy of beneficiary birth certificate(with translation)
    copy of passport
    police certificates (with translation)
    money orders for "affidavit of support" forms(70$) and immigrant visa(385$)

Good luck
    Last edited by kayvan_kukoc; 01-29-2007, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kayvan_kukoc
      Hello,

beneficiary (your wife's mother) supposed to receive a "choice of agent" form before D230 ,so she has already pointed on someone as an agent .

Agent might be your wife(petitioner) or a lawyer.

D230 forms shall be filled by beneficiary but NVC sends it to the address declared for agent so now your wife can fill it with her mother's exact informations eg: her mother's name,date of birth,address, job ,tel ...
      (you can also download electrical version of D230 and send it to your mother in order to she fill them by herself.)

*** check with embassy cause some of them only accept fillable version printed

you should received some other pages describing documents you shall send to NVC like:

copy of beneficiary birth certificate(with translation)
      copy of passport
      police certificates (with translation)
      money orders for "affidavit of support" forms(70$) and immigrant visa(385$)

Good luck
      Thank you for your advice. You are making a lot of sense.

My wife can easily get the copy of her mother (beneficiary) passport, birth certificate and police certificates. I thought that my wife completed the affidavit of support forms and immigration visa forms, and forwarded it to NVC along with the payments.

Another quick question on DS-230- Does it required the beneficiary signature before sending to NVC?

This question may not relate to DS-230. The beneficiary has three under-aged kids. Can the beneficiary request the embassy to bring her under-aged kids along? I heard other has done it. I am not sure how to handle it. We included the information of my wife under-aged siblings in the affidavit support forms. Please be advised…thank you very much. I am very appreciative of your help and your time.

Comment

Hello,

The D230 part-I shall be signed by beneficiary and part-II need to be signed during interview at embassy. so as i mentioned before you can download fillable version of form and mail it to beneficiary(your wife's mother) in order to be signed by her.

I am not surte about siblings but how old they are exactly? i know that some embassies even wont let the infants go inside the embassy but it worth giving a shot otherwise you need to fill separate case for infants in F2A cathegory.(son/daughter of permanent resident under 21 year's old)

in this case writing a elegant letter from well experienced lawyer might help kids to travel with their mother and apply in us.(really consult with good one)

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by kayvan_kukoc
          Hello,

The D230 part-I shall be signed by beneficiary and part-II need to be signed during interview at embassy. so as i mentioned before you can download fillable version of form and mail it to beneficiary(your wife's mother) in order to be signed by her.

I am not surte about siblings but how old they are exactly? i know that some embassies even wont let the infants go inside the embassy but it worth giving a shot otherwise you need to fill separate case for infants in F2A cathegory.(son/daughter of permanent resident under 21 year's old)

in this case writing a elegant letter from well experienced lawyer might help kids to travel with their mother and apply in us.(really consult with good one)

good luck.
          Thank you very much.

Another quick question for you: Do you recommend using the online form? I notice the DS-230 online form include yellow highlight on several lines. Is it okay to use the highlighted online form?

DS-230 Form

Comment

Hello,

Yes , fillable will be easier and more elegant but let's review how fillable format of D230 works.

If you have installed "Adobe acrobat reader" then you need to fill the form in the proper boxes (Whether it's yellow or not) then you have to get the hard copy(print) of form cause your answers won't be saved and after closing the Pdf file and boxes will be cleaned again.

for saving the answers you need to install "Adobe acrobat standard/professional" then you can complete answered copy of form and mail it to your mother's wife in order to sign it and send it to NVC beside rest of the documents.

Text written in yellow boxes won't be in yellow color after printing.

good luck
            Last edited by kayvan_kukoc; 01-31-2007, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much for all your help. We will use the online form. It is easier to type than hand wrote. I am using the Acrobat 8 pro trial.

Anyway, the beneficiary’s kid are under 18 years old. We will fill out DS-230 for the beneficiary and for each kid. We will give it a try. If they allow them to come along, it would be great. If they do not allow them to come along, they will come later. They can stay with their father for a while.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X