X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent!! Applying PIO Card at San Francisco Consulate

Hi,
    I am planning to apply for PIO card for my daughter who was born in USA
    I need to apply at San Francisco consulate. One of my friend also recently applied for his daughter and got the PIO card. He said we need not send notarized copies of documents. He mentioned the following documents to be sent. Can you please verify if that information for SFO consulate is correct?

1. copy of birth certificate of my daughter
    2. copies of indian passports of mine and my wife
    3. US original passport of my daughter
    4. money order for $155 (application fee)
    5. money order for $15 (overnight return mail charge)
    6. PIO card Application form. My friend told me that he said only one application.not in duplicate
    7. Four 2"X2" photos
    8. US residence proof of mine (driver license & utility bill)

But I am confused when I checked the consulate website for instruction
    Can any one please clarify whether these documents are sufficient?

Your timely help is highly appreciated

Thanks
    Raj

You need to send notarized copies unless you are applying for it in person. There is no need to send her original US passport(copy is sufficient) since PIO is a seperate passport like book and not a stamp.

Copies of her birth certificate and your driver license/utility bills are optional and not required. You need to send in two filled out applications(in duplicate). The permanent address in India which you filled out in the form must match the address in your passport. Otherwise you need to send a copy of one of your parents' passport or utility bills showing the permanent address in India.

Comment

Pio

Most important is the PIO fee. It is revised to $$185.00. please verify once again.
      Thanks
      Ramky

Comment

Pio

It seems rules for PIO application varies from consulates to consulates in diff. states...... Need to be careful ...you can call the embassy or consulate...

thanks

Comment

Read New for complete and up to date information.

It also describes rules for different consulates, wherever applicable. No need to search around different web sites of consulates.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

PIO card information needed - URGENT

Hi,
            I sent application for PIO card, which was rejected, as I sent 20$ in cash instead of Money order for Overnight return mail...my bad.

I now have received a rejection letter. They rejected the application and they want me to pay 185$ + 30$

I am not sure what this additional 30$ is for, is it for rejection or reprocessing? do I need to send additional 20$ for Overnight mail or is it included in the 30$?

No one answers phone at the consulate general office in SFO and I am in a hurry..Please help!

RAjee

Comment

The only charges on the website are $185 for processing and $20 for courier service. Perhaps the courier fees have been raised to $30. It's very unlikely that anyone is going to answer the phone at SF, so unless you live close enough to visit in person, why not just pay the additional $10 and be done with it?

Comment

SFO consulate's excellent service

I had applied for my daughter's PIO card on Nov 19th, it reached the consulate on Nov 26th. We have planned an India trip on Jan 2nd. We were so worried that we never got her PIO card. On their website notice board it says that mailed PIOs sent on or before the 10th have been despatched, and we don't fall in that category. We sent couple of emails to the consulate on their website, called and left voice messages and even sent a fax over the last two days. On not hearing back from them for about 2 days we lost all hopes and decided to go there in person next week. I was so surprised to see an email from them saying that the PIO card has been processed and is being despatched today - that just says one thing - their service is astounding!!! They take a couple of days to respond due to the large volume of emails, but shows how prompt they are in returning emails. Thanks SFO consulate team for your excellent service. Kudos to your team!!!

Comment

Birth Certificate question?

Do u need to notarize the Birth Certificate as I am planning on mailing the application? Will signatures of both parents on back of the certificate be sufficient?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X