I have applied for for B1 visa and attended interview in chennai on 16-Feb-2007 and it is rejected under 214(b).
Actually my company is has head office in US and it has a off-shore development center in India. My head office is invited me to US to meet the clients to attend project meetings and to do project requirement gathering.
I was prepared with a project plan, invitation letter and a copy of project agreement between our company and the client.
Following are the question she asked me:
1. To which company you are working for?
2. Since how long you are working with X?
Ans: 1.2 years
3. For what purpose you are going to US?
Ans: To attend project meetings and requirement gathering of a web-based project of X company.
4. What exactly the project?
Ans: This is an Integrated Information Portal, named XYX (XYZ XYZ XYZ),
used to cater reports and different content to internal users of Some Y company(client).
5. Do you have any letter from Y Company?
Ans: No, I have shown the invitation letter from X company along with project agreement between X and Y company and project plan for entire next 6 months in MS-Project. She looked at the documents for 40 sec.
6. What is your income?
Ans: 4.2 lacks per annum.
7. How long you are going to stay in US?
Ans: 11 weeks, and I said as soon as requirements gathering is done
I will be back to India
8. It looks, for this purpose you should have come in different category of VISA?
Ans: I said, I will be there in US for only requirements phase of project. Complete project development will be done in India as it is mentioned in X company invitation letter.
Note: She was typing in system for 30 sec.
9. She said, Sorry this time you do not qualify for VISA under section 214(b)
My company is planning to apply B1 for me once again as soon as possible.
any suggestions and help is appreciated