Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duration to get OCI in India?

Dear All,
    Could anyone tell me if they have applied for the OCI in India?
    And how long did it take?I may get my PIO in a couple of weeks,getting It I will be heading to India,since I cannot stay in India more than 6 months having an PIO ,I just hope it doesnt take too long to get through.I am considering whether to apply for an OCI when I am abroad and than collect it when I come back.Is it possible to have my OCI mailed to me in India?
    Satish

how will get OCI

i am having green card in US. my baby born in US two month back. so she is citizen of US. i want to sent my baby to india. How long she can stay there? and it is possible to study in india?

Comment

It's around 80 days here in SFO.

sahanasrinivasan,

Your daughter is not elligible for OCI. You can get only PIO for her.

Comment

Better yet ...

If you need to live in India for long term, you can do that without any problems

PIO does not mean you cannot stay in India for more than 6 months, the requirement is that if you do so, then you need to register with the Home Ministry.

/oci-card/

Also, you can apply for her OCI from India itself when you're already there. It won't matter to you then and you won't have to wait for the card here.

In NYC it takes about a month to month and a half and you may already know that OCI application over PIO costs you about $25 only.

Good luck.

Take care.

Comment

for kids under 15 the registration requirement has been waived

Comment

It is always like that but if you go to local regional office(where they do the registration), they would insist on registering even minors. I have come across atleast a couple of people who had to register their minor kids in B'lore/Mysore area.

Comment

well then they need to take a copy of the law to these idiots but the crux of the matter is that not registering will not make a difference as per the law.

Comment

Can you please post a link of the law that allows minors the right to not register beyond 6 months on PIO?

Thanks

Comment

/india-visa/

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X