Do it yourself package for marriage based filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do it yourself package for marriage based filing

anybody knows or have done it by themselves without hiring a lawyer in a marriage based case, i googled search and got few websites are selling family based greencard package, but anybody knows which one is best and how difficult is to DIY, i contacted few lawyers but they are so rude and have big attitude that leads me to do it myself, heck why not. Any advice suggestions welcome. thanks to all and goodluck in ur cases. sami

I did it myself

I didn't get a package, I just downloaded all the relevant forms from the USCIS web site.

I sent in my application on Jan 16th and have my interview on 21st March.

The forms I used were:

I-130 - (petition for alien relative). I also had to send off a biographical information for me, and one for my husband (form G-325 (I think it was A). It tells you in the I-130 information sheets exactly what forms to include.

I-485 (adjustment of status)
    Other forms that had to be sent of with this form were the I-864 - the affidavit of support, which my husband had to complete, and the Biographical information form G-325 (I think it was A). It tells you in the I-485 exactly what forms need to be sent off with it. You also need to have a medical for this. You can find out where you can get this from the USCIS website.

If you wish to leave the country whilst your application is pending you also need to complete form I-130 for Advance Parole

Finally, if you want to work while your application is being processed you need to apply for Employment Authorization using form I-765

It sounds scary and complicated, but so long as you entered the US legally, and are not planning on being a terrorist or a polygamist I don't think it is that hard.

Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X