Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Passport: Surname & First name reversed

Hi,

My wife's passport has the Surname and the first name reversed. The surname is put in the place where her first name should come and viceversa. Because of this her Visa also got stamped with the same mistake as they go by the passport as reference. I wanted to know if anyone had a similar problem and how they corrected it.

When I spoke to Indian Consulate chicago (I got them on phone only once in the 30-40 tries:-()

You can apply with the name proof and they can correct. It was not clear if they have to issue a new passport.

1. What is the category of change we need to request for the passport name change? (Application for miscellanous services: Change of name/or Maiden ($20) or Other miscellanoes services ($10)

2. What are the supporting documents that are required? I have the church marriage certicate which shows the name and the India driving license

3. what is the typical processing time if I were to mail it to the Chicago consulate? (weeks/months?)

4. Do they issue a new passport or is it a correction on the existing paoss

I would be nice to know from someone had a similar requirement and managed to take care of it. I am in need of getting this document corrected at the earliest.

Regards

Francis

It's been a while, I do not remember what documents and forms we sent but in my case then miss-spelled the name. They corrected it on the same passport and noted the name correction on one of the page that is reserved for notes.

Comment

OCI card problems

I started my application in March 2010. Finally I am at the last leg and received an email from them to mail my US passports and to surrender my Indian passport.I sent the documents with appropriate fees by express mail because I have to go to India for a wedding in 2 weeks.They received my papers on 6/4/10 ,and today is 6/14/10 I don't have my OCI card and my US passports.I tried calling and got thru to talk to someone.When I explained my situation,he claimed he has no way to check anything if the documents are mailed or not. So I will just have to wait.Can they even misplace my passports.Any suggestions someone))))))

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X