Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I-485 Tracker

Can you please tell me if anybody has got approved I-485 those who filed I-485 around last year ( July/Aug 2007) ???? ..My friend had received I-485, but he applied I-485 june 2007.

The reason I am asking one of friend had receive I-485 and approved without attending any inverview while their i-485 was pending...USCIS will ask interview while I-485 was pending ..Is this mandatory or they will send interviews randomly ...Please clarify if anybody in this case ...

Default Adjustment of status

I am a month in California now and I am married to a US citizen for year and a half and I want to apply for an adjustment of status and also for employment authorization, my question is where do I start and what do I have to do ?

thanks in advance,
    Danny

Default Change of Status

came to US on B2 landed on 03/04/2008
    got married to a USC on 03/22/2008
    Filled I-485, I-765, I-130 & I-131 on 05/09/2008
    Biometrics was on 06/04/2008
    got initial evidence letter on 06/16/2008
    got my I-131 on 07/31/2008
    got my EAD on 08/05/2008
    applied & got SSN on 08/16/2008
    drivers license on 08/20/2008

on USCIS site the status of I-130 did not change from day one.
    status of I-485 says,
    On June 27, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence.
    We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you.

My question I-94 expires on 09/03/2008!

should i worry? do anything?

Thank you
    Last edited by nevvvw; 08-20-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Default I -130 , pending want to file I 485

Hi ,

my spouse filled I -130 petetion for me in 2006 - she was GC holder at that time. I was in India.

I came to US on F1 Visa in 2007.

Till today I -130 is pending ( Pending : only received NOA I 797c )

Now my spouse will be US citizen in a week so based on her new status can i file new I -130 + I -485 and EAD all concurrently ? OR i have to wait till the pending I-130 gets approved ? OR i can cancel the present I -130 and start from scratch. ?

Please help as i called USC,,, but its not that helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyk
    I am a month in California now and I am married to a US citizen for year and a half and I want to apply for an adjustment of status and also for employment authorization, my question is where do I start and what do I have to do ?

thanks in advance,
    Danny
    get this forms and fill it in with appropriate fees: I-485, I-765, I-130 & (if needed) I-131
    and supporting forms from here

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Default How do I post a question

Hi,
    just registered and can't find a place to post my question. Please help.
    Thanks
    Tired

Default Do I still need EAD (though i really wanted to work)

I arrived here on B2 and got married to a USC. We recently filed the I-130, I-485 only...because they said that these forms are enough to get a green card...and with the temporary green card (at first) you are authorized to work in US..also you can get your SSS and drivers license. Is that true?

Your advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Default Refugee- Adjustment of Status

My question is...I was recently approved for asylum status in March 2009. I have applied for a Refugee Travel Document to travel to the UK in May for 5 days ONLY.

Under refugee/asylum status one can qualify to ADJUST TO PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS after being PHYSICALLY present in the USA for 1 year. If i travel for 5 days does that disqualify me to apply and does that mean I was not physically present for 1 year?
    Edit/Delete Message

Default ottocad

The national processing average is 8-10 months, what the heck is happening at the Texas Service Center? It appears they are 2 months behind. The recent published processing dates were updated on April 16, 2009, yet they trick people with another date, an as of date of February 28, 2009. I don't understand the difference in dates and it is impoossible to calculate an accurate processing date. Apparantly these processing groups need 30 days to check their work, and another 30 days to publish a date.

I have been waiting more than 19 months now for my GC.

I understand the concept of a backlog, however if I was 9 months behind in my job, I'd already be unemplyoyed!

FYI, I don't recommend using the Texas Service Center.

Question Immigration Help!

my husband and i got married in april 2008, when he filed his taxes i was asked to apply for W-7 (TIN number). My question is, do i have to 1st apply for the TIN then send all of our paper work and documnts for process to immigration or can we send our documents 1st and then apply for a TIN number?
    im so confused and lost about this stuff.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast