No announcement yet.

CEI AMERICA (Computer Enterprises Inc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEI AMERICA (Computer Enterprises Inc)

I worked for this company since June 2005.

Inspite of being on projects, they deliberately got my 7th year visa extension denied and desperatly tried to get me replaced with a crony of theirs.
    They refused to file an appeal and did so only after their client (where i
    worked) asked them to. The client soon realized that they were dealing with a bunch of jokers and threatened to scrap the SOW if the immigration issues were not resolved. CEI America realized that the mess they had created cannot be easily resolved and finally laid me off and wrote to the USCIS to revoke the appeal.

I was forced to return to India
    bearing a huge financial loss (lease breakage,car, household goods, airtickets etc) and immense distress to me and my family. The company refused to accept any responsibility and i got a copy of the denial notice from them with great difficulty. The denial notice has mentioned the faulty documentation that was provided by CEI.

CEI America employs inhouse lawyers who handle immigration matters.
    They will not reply to emails, answer calls or reply to voice mails.
    If you call their "HR", you will be directed back to the "lawyers".
    By not using any outside immigration lawyers, CEI America makes H1B employees complete hostages to its internal games.

I would also like to add that CEI America had earlier threatened me with non compete when a client of theirs (where i consulted earlier) expressed interest in hiring me fulltime after the completion of my assignment. They then got me placed at another location with a promise of pursuing my GC.
    I now realize how stupid i was to trust them with my immigration status.

It seems like CEI has a history of thug like behavior towards H1b workers.

H1B workers should stay away from this company for their own good

Yes and No

Agencies do not "market you" to find you work. It is FAR from CEI's burden to bare to find you work. Did you pay them a fee? NOPE....That being said that organization has a HUGE issue in terms of flat out telling new recruiters to not even consider Indian candidates for perm jobs....One thing to think it but to pound it in too new employees heads is a bit much....Owner needs to get quiet on that front but other wise he does have charisma and energy that is infectious. The middle management in CEI is a joke...flat out incompetent...

Comment

CEI America review

Surprised seeing all past few year's reviews and history of CEI america. The websites like desicrunch and myvisajobs reflect the bad behavior of company. They always have same bad mode of operation of torturing H1 people. Laying off H1 people after project done and cancelling visas. Not sharing the critical H1 and GC related documents and i-140 documents. And intentionally not applying H1 extensions till end of expiry. That is a huge mental torture for H1 people. That is the reason there are no H1 people working there. The company owner Mr. Raja claims that he is an IIT graduate, masters from reputed university in USA and also a politician. All this talent is good only if it is attached to a good behavior of person. As unfortunately it is attached to a bad behavior, he is trying to rob the people as much as possible by using his talent.

Comment

They revoke H1 without notice

They revoked my visa without notice after my project is over in Pittsburgh. Just I got the phone call from HR that today is my last working day. Three days before itself they sent revoke letter to USCIS. I tried to find other consultancy and filed transfer. But it got rejected because I was out of status because of my previous H1 revoked by CEI. I was left hope less and left the country and trying for consular process approval.I was left only few years on H1 and did big mistake transferring my H1 to CEI GUIs. I asked them to process my GC when I was in project but those guys keep on postponed and finally this is their game of laying off once project is over. I would suggest to everyone that don't believe them on your H1 career. They have just kind of use and throw behavior towards the H1 employees.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X