K1 Visa Approved but need to divorce,,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Visa Approved but need to divorce,,,,

My fiancee was approved on a K1 Visa and she moved to the US. We got married within the 90 day requirement. Unfortunately, we find ourselves incompatible and we both agreed that this marriage will not work.

But I also do not want her to be returned to her home country.

Question: how long should we stay married before we can divorce and her to remain legally in the USA?

Any feedback helps. ... thank you.

Originally posted by jackfour
    My fiancee was approved on a K1 Visa and she moved to the US. We got married within the 90 day requirement. Unfortunately, we find ourselves incompatible and we both agreed that this marriage will not work.

But I also do not want her to be returned to her home country.

Question: how long should we stay married before we can divorce and her to remain legally in the USA?

Any feedback helps. ... thank you.
    She's "CONDITIONALLY" in permanent resident status - and will be for two years.

. Spouses of U.S. Citizens

Foreign spouses of U.S. citizens qualify for a green card as an immediate relative. Because of the perception that a large number of fraudulent marriages are entered into solely for the benefit of obtaining the Green Card, Congress enacted the Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendment (IMFA) in 1986.

This amendment dictates that when a foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen is given permanent resident status before the second year anniversary of the marriage, then that green card residence is subject to a conditional grant of residency for two years.

Comment

I agree. This SUX for people who have to fill 900 extra forms because of people who want to use and abuse the system.

Comment

Question

My wife is from the Philippines and we have been married for 1.5 years. After the first few months all she did was fight with me about everything. I told her i couldn't live like this and asked her to make an appointment with a marriage counselor. On our third appoin tment the counselor said when my wife called and made the appointment she told him i hit her. Then she started saying that i emotionally, verbally, and physically abused her. I found a web site that said exactly the same way that she could become a full citizen because of that. It is obvious what her intentions were from the beggining. What can i do? i want her sent back.

Comment

shame

thats why the system is so slow and they have to everthing dificul for the people this is one example.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X