Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help need on travel to india on indian passport for new born

Hi Gaonwale,

I had a question about travelling to India on Indian passport for the baby.Whcih airline and port of exit did u take?what did u tell the airline about I-94 etc and did u have any problems in the transit.

Please fill in the gaps and help me assess the situation as I would/wouldn't apply for Indian passport for my kid based on the advice from you guys!!

Thanks in advance.
    GS

Comment

Hello gaonwale,

Were you able to travel back to us with your kid on indian pasport. I'm in same situation.

Thanks

Comment

Help required

Hi firends,

My wife is 7 months pregnant and the due date is April 3rd week. We are planning to have this birth in US but i am now really confused as our L1- Visa is expiring on Mid Auguest,

I have few question and if you can answer those thn it would be of grt help:

- Is it ok to plan pragnancy in US (our L1 visa will expire in August) or shall I send my wife back to India?

- If its Okay to plan here then what option shud we choose for our baby:
        - US papsport/ Inidian Passport/US passport + PIO/OCI as we will be having only 4 months to finish all the paperwork
        - which is the most fesiable option as of now keeping the timeframe in mind
        - How much time will it take to get Indian Passport for my baby or if i want to apply for US paaport +OCI etc? Can it be done before Auguest 1st?

I would really appreciate if you answer my question.

thanks in adv.

vik mehra
        Last edited by nitgit; 01-16-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Keeping citizenships

We are Indian citizens, Canadian PR (Green card) and we have a minor kid.
          This is how it is possible for us to maintain Citizneship.

First of all, visit Indian Embassy. Point them with the Indian citizneship Act, gives you a
          right to register your birth and then apply for passport.
          Slightly, beat up a lower level worker , I mean verbally, try and establish contact with
          Consular officor. It takes up to a month.
          Once you are communicating with consular clearly mention that you want to e xcercise your
          right to register the birth as per act. The act is at their parent organization
          (ministry of external affairs) web site.

Now embassy cools down and allows you to register birth by simple statement that you have not applied for foreign citizneship as per the legislation. After that apply for passport and get it.

Now you have Indian passport and Birth certificate of Canada, that's all you need in fact!
          Last edited by IndianCitiMaint; 12-03-2011, 12:19 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X