Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR5 - Parent of US Citizen

Hi
    I received a letter from NVC stating that the priority date is Jan2007. I dont see IR5 in their website and not able to find the current priority date. I see for sons, daughters and spouses but not for parents. Pl help.

Thanks
    Laxman

IR5 priority date

Originally posted by MLaxman
    Hi
    I received a letter from NVC stating that the priority date is Jan2007. I dont see IR5 in their website and not able to find the current priority date. I see for sons, daughters and spouses but not for parents. Pl help.

Thanks
    Laxman
    Hi Laxman,

I assume the letter you received from NVC is the Notice of Action 797C form, correct? If so, that letter should be coming from USCIS and not NVC. For IR5 category the priority date is always current because it is for immediate relatives of a US Citizen. Parents are considered as immediate relatives and for them, you don't have to wait for your priority date to become current - they will get a visa as soon as you get an appt letter from the US Consulate in India. And you will get the appt letter after NVC has mailed the packet from US to the related US Consulate in India i.e. Mumbai, Chennai etc.

BTW, did you get the letter from NVC stating they sent your file to the concerned US consulate in India and that your case here in US was now closed?

We have the same priority - as of January 2007 for my in-laws.

Thanks and good luck!

Comment

IR5 - Parent of US Citizen

Hi Spra
      Thanks for your reply. No, it is not Notice of Action. It is a letter from NVC stating that all processing is complete in the U.S and the beneficiary will be notified of the interview date at Chennai Consulate. They also suggested to send a copy of the paystubs, w-2 (recent) to beneficiary. The beneficiary is supposed to carry this to the interview.

Thanks
      Laxman

Comment

Ir5

I received letter form NVC on 6/15, and indicated that my case has been forwards to Consulate General of US,..PRC.
        Preference Category: IR5 - Parent of US Citizen
        Priority Date: 30JAN2006
        How long we should been waiting?
        Thanks,
        Ge

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X