EAD is expiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD is expiring

I am an Adjustment of Status applicant -- married an American citizen over 2 years ago and still waiting for my green card. My current Employment Authorization Document is expiring at the end of August. I have applied for a renewal, but will not receive it until September or October.

Am I allowed to continue working while waiting for my new work authorization to arrive? My employer is aware that my EAD is expiring and has sent me notice that I need to give them a copy of my new card. I called the INS and they tried to transfer me to an Information Officer, but as usual, the lines were all busy and they told me to try back later. Any information would be appreciated!

As long as you applied before expiration, you can work.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I had the same problem last year. (Actually, my H1 6yr limit expired before my EAD came through). At that time, my company lawyer (and others) told me that I could not work under these circumstances. My fear is I might have to go through the same thing now. I have sent my renewal papers well in advance of the 90 day limit. But I haven't received any receipt from INS, neither have my checks sent for the renewal cleared.

So, can I really work if I don't receive my EAD renewal before the current expires? And what can I do to find out what happened to my renewal applications?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X