F2B - Petition for Unmarried Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F2B but got married, PLS HELP ASAP

I am base in the Philippines. Last 1996 my mother filed a petition for me under F-2B. I got married last 2003 and now with 1 kid but before 2003 my mother got her naturalization. Now the NVC is asking if we would like to upgrade to F1. Either of the two is "Single Entry". Currently the priority date for which a visa is available for aliens chargeable to the Philippines is earlier for F-2B than for F1 (NVC claims). I made some research and found out that we can ask for change of status from NVC to be F3. Will my waiting will be affected? Is this the best way to be approve sooner? We only have a monthe to reply to the NVC.

Anybody here with great knowledge with this regard? Please help ASAP!!!

or you could email me @ [email protected]

Comment

F2B but got married

On Jun 1998 my father apply for GC and he was a Resident.and i was single at that time, On 2003 i leave the USA and got back on 2006 In that year i got married,i have a USC son. Last year my father turn USC. Because of those changes does he has to file a new petition for me or just continue with the case since there is already a visa number available for me?
      Last edited by BrazilianMom; 07-14-2009, 02:46 PM.

Comment

question for upgrate status

When I was permanent resident I sent petition for my unmarried daudhter
        Now I am became a citizen I need to change a status
        My question is what is mean forma ot not forma I-797 and where I can found?

Comment

Need information

My mother applied for I-130 F2B category for me in 2010 oct, now i want to know how much more time(approx) it will take to get visa...

Comment

Need help about my visa

Hi there,
            My mother filed a F2B case on behalf of me in 2008 and now i received a letter from NVC. since 3 years ago due to my disease she didn't back to USA. Now i got better and completely health after 3 years of hard treatment. But the question is, Now we want go to USA to live there and don't like to came back. what would i may face because of my mother case? is there any chance for her to come with me? what we have to do? am i going to be refused or not?

please give me a reliable answer.
            best regards.

Comment

Your mother must have a U.S. domicile for her petition for you to continue to be valid. She can return to the U.S. ahead of you or have evidence that she will return with you. I'm assuming your mother is a U.S. citizen. If mom is a Green Card resident, did she have a Reentry Permit to stay out up to two years?

--Ray B

Originally posted by amirabbas View Post
              Hi there,
              My mother filed a F2B case on behalf of me in 2008 and now i received a letter from NVC. since 3 years ago due to my disease she didn't back to USA. Now i got better and completely health after 3 years of hard treatment. But the question is, Now we want go to USA to live there and don't like to came back. what would i may face because of my mother case? is there any chance for her to come with me? what we have to do? am i going to be refused or not?

please give me a reliable answer.
              best regards.

Comment

Unmarried USC Son over 21-Now married

My USC dad petitioned for me in 2009 as Unmarried Son over 21 years of age (F1 Category). 2 years later I got married.

Today July 22, 2015, NVC contacted me to make payment and send some documents in order to begin Immigrant Visa Processing.

Anyone has a clue what I can do to obtain the visa? Please bear in mind I am trying to weigh my options before accepting to be shoved into the F3 category.

Comment

Your married status must be reported to USCIS, and you cannot avoid being shoved into the F3 category. There are many media-documented cases of USCIS later taking adverse action against entrants who used the F1 class to enter the U.S. after being married.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ojohn22 View Post
                  My USC dad petitioned for me in 2009 as Unmarried Son over 21 years of age (F1 Category). 2 years later I got married.

Today July 22, 2015, NVC contacted me to make payment and send some documents in order to begin Immigrant Visa Processing.

Anyone has a clue what I can do to obtain the visa? Please bear in mind I am trying to weigh my options before accepting to be shoved into the F3 category.

Comment

Originally posted by ojohn22 View Post

ojohn22,

What is your priority date ? My daughter's was also petitioned in 2009 and I am wondering for what priority dates they are sending documents now ?

Thank you in advance for your reply,

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                    Your married status must be reported to USCIS, and you cannot avoid being shoved into the F3 category. There are many media-documented cases of USCIS later taking adverse action against entrants who used the F1 class to enter the U.S. after being married.

--Ray B
                    RayB,

Can you opt out of F1 to F2B, under CSPA and and then later go back to F1 if the waiting time is lower there ?

Comment

Confusion for is divorced son consider unmarried in F2B

Hi. I want to know that if son get divorced and he age 27 and father have green card does he can be considered in F2B category. Please do reply ASAP..

Comment

Confusion for is divorced son consider unmarried in F2B

hi can father can have file petition in F2B category after son get divorced at 27. please let me know ASAP

Comment

If son's status is now "single," a Permanent Resident father can petition the son. But expect USCIS to request credible evidence that the divorce was real and not merely to become eligible for a visa application.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Dharti10 View Post
                          hi can father can have file petition in F2B category after son get divorced at 27. please let me know ASAP

Comment

Aged-out derivative beneficiaries - Need help!

Hi there,
                            My grandmother applied for an F2B(unmarried son or daughter above 21 years of age) visa for my mother, me and my 4 siblings. The petition had been approved and we are just waiting for our visa availability which will most probably be on May 2018.
                            My question is 3 of us already aged out and even if we calculate our age under CSPA, age is still above 21.
                            Can you advise if there are other ways for me and my 2 siblings to immigrate with our mom? We are all unmarried. I have read information about CSPA automatic conversion, but not clear as to how it can help. Below are the details:
                            Priority date: July 30, 2007
                            Approval date: August 13, 2009
                            My birthdate: Oct 5, 1992 - Current age 24
                            2nd sibling birthdate: Sept 12, 1993 - Current age - 23
                            3rd sibling birthdate: Dec 31, 1994 - Current age 22

Comment

Your mother should petition you soon after she arrives in the U.S., since your derivative eligibility with mother's visa has been effectively terminated because of the aging out.

--Ray B

Originally posted by chuawaaaa View Post
                              Hi there,
                              My grandmother applied for an F2B(unmarried son or daughter above 21 years of age) visa for my mother, me and my 4 siblings. The petition had been approved and we are just waiting for our visa availability which will most probably be on May 2018.
                              My question is 3 of us already aged out and even if we calculate our age under CSPA, age is still above 21.
                              Can you advise if there are other ways for me and my 2 siblings to immigrate with our mom? We are all unmarried. I have read information about CSPA automatic conversion, but not clear as to how it can help. Below are the details:
                              Priority date: July 30, 2007
                              Approval date: August 13, 2009
                              My birthdate: Oct 5, 1992 - Current age 24
                              2nd sibling birthdate: Sept 12, 1993 - Current age - 23
                              3rd sibling birthdate: Dec 31, 1994 - Current age 22

Comment

f2b category,
                                Hi Goodday,

I have a question about my petition to america, my case was over age daughter f2b category. im 27 years old now, the process of our petition from 2015 until now is on going, and time goes by i have a child now but im still single and not married, my elder is 1 year old and 9months and now pregnant for my 2nd child, my question is “ Can i have ability to get my child if my papers will approved? is it the best to wait my papers approval before i declare i have children? yet my children surname is to followed on their father’s surname, is there something conflict about?

thank you for your answer, i will wait it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X