Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a history of arrest but not conviction?please experts advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a history of arrest but not conviction?please experts advice.

Hai
    my cousin had got h1b approved he has a history of arrest in last year due to a family situation but later he won the case and was not convicted.He is planning to take visa interview with wife and kid and still now had not booked the slot due to the fear that the visa may be rejected due to this.Experts please advice will this pose threat to the visa stamping and what should he answer for the DS question:whether arressted or ? yes or No.He is planning to take in chennai consulate.will they verify this or dispose as petty issue.

Just be honest because even if you hide, they know he was arrested as long as he was finger printed. I read this in a forum but chech with a lawyer on this.
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

First, the finger prints records may not have any records of India. It is a good idea to be honest.

Second, if it is not a DUI (Drunk) record, it may not be a problem. Check with local lawyers to see the category of arrest, if it is a petty case - You should not worry at all.

Not a legal advise.

Comment

expets please advice

The arrest was in his birth place and the case was handled by indian court.does the vfs have the fingerprint records of all the cases in the indian court too.he had never been out of india till now.please show more light on this issue.

Comment

I mest up on my tps application. I put no under arrest since case was dismissed and i didnt have to plea. I was 19yrs old and didnt really know better. Anyways i had to send an explanation of why i put no. Explanation was accepted and my TPS continued to be granted thank god. Now im thinking if it will affect me in the interview but i doubt it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X