Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postponing Interview.

Hi All,
    I have received my interview letter and my interview is scheduled in the first week of December. However I need to travel to India during that time. The interview letter says that "if you cannot keep the appointment, please return this letter immediately and request for a new appointment".

What does it mean by returning the interview letter. Will they give a new interview letter with the new date? Usually is it safe to postpone? I mean will they give the interview date of our choice,i.e for ex after I come back from India during the 2nd week of January 08,will they honour that request. How does that work?

Does any one have idea about the above issue. Please share your thoughts and opinions asap. This is very important for me and need to act immediately.

Looking for quick responses.

Thanks in advance.
    US Citizen.

Yes. they mean to send the letter back and they will send you a new one. You should postpone your trip though, your citizenship interview is far more important plus you could spend another 6 months waiting for another interview slot.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Ok, let us say the trip is postponed. Now after the interview is done and the next day I leave for India for 4 weeks. Now after the interview, there will be oath as well right?,which usually comes in a couple of weeks. So even in that case, I will still miss the oath as well. Wouldn't I? So basically I have to complete all this process and then leave for India. Is that the best method? Obviously everyone wants to go in December right?,that is the time,everyone gets leave.
      US Citizen.

Comment

So if I understood this correctly, the recommendation is that it is better to finish the interview and leave may be on the same day. So if the oath letter comes in between, then that can be postponed.,right? It is much better than postponing the interview. Am I understanding this correctly? Please clarify.
        US Citizen.

Comment

It is best to finish the ENTIRE process before you go anywhere. But it is your choice.
          Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Oath rescheduling is a very simple matter. This is NOT done by the service center, but rather at the local office. In fact I am going overseas and my oath date was going to be 21st December I told the IO I want to schedule it either in November or in January. He said not a problem and wrote a note in my file. He said if I do get a oath for december just mail it back with your request. I am not prepared to stop my life for the Oath date. Life needs to go on. Citizenship is important but the actual date is not important. I have no one to sponsor either.

Originally posted by Luckyjack
            So if I understood this correctly, the recommendation is that it is better to finish the interview and leave may be on the same day. So if the oath letter comes in between, then that can be postponed.,right? It is much better than postponing the interview. Am I understanding this correctly? Please clarify.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X