"Place of Issue" not found in US Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Place of Issue" not found in US Passport

I'm applying for PIO for my US borned daughter. In the PIO application, I need to fill the "place of issue" detail under Q.10) Passport particulars of the applicant.

I can't find that info anywhere in the US passport.

(we applied for it at a local post office and got it by mail, so don't know what to write for the place of issue question)

can I just write "USA / Dept. of State, USA" or something similar?

thanks,
    SB.

You will see something like 'Issuing Authority'. It may say something like 'Dept of State', or 'Louisiana' etc. Use that.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks a lot sir, its written as "Dept. of State"

Comment

Place of Issue - United States

This has been checked with Indian consul and the US authorities.

The "PLACE OF ISSUE" of an United States passport is: UNITED STATES.

Indian Embassy / Consulate will accept this and you will not have any problem.

In India the place of issue is the regional passport office that issues the passport or the consulates abroad.

If your US passport was issued abroad at an US consulate then only will the place of issue change.

Good luck.

Comment

It is United States Department of State if issued here in the US

Comment

Place of issue and place of birth

Originally posted by milli View Post
            It is United States Department of State if issued here in the US
            I'm applying for a Working Holiday VISA to Australia, and I'm very much confused.

1. My passport was issued in Taiwan, but it says "United States Department of State" in the "Authority" box.

2. Also, my place of birth is "CHINA" on my passport, which is kinda messed up since I was born in Taiwan back when the Authorities in Taiwan didn't recognize The People's Republic of China as "THE" China and called themselves China.

What should I fill in the application form?

Comment

Nice

Also, my place of birth is "CHINA" on my passport, which is kinda messed up since I was born in Taiwan back when the Authorities in Taiwan didn't recognize The People's Republic of China as "THE" China and called themselves China.
              James

Comment

Originally posted by sbg View Post
                Thanks a lot sir, its written as "Dept. of State"
                actually is not a big issue, but prefer to write name of the country, not place in fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by knowledgeable View Post
                This has been checked with Indian consul and the US authorities.

The "PLACE OF ISSUE" of an United States passport is: UNITED STATES.

Indian Embassy / Consulate will accept this and you will not have any problem.

In India the place of issue is the regional passport office that issues the passport or the consulates abroad.

If your US passport was issued abroad at an US consulate then only will the place of issue change.

Good luck.
                incorrect answers

Comment

I'm applying for PIO for my US borned daughter. In the PIO application, I need to fill the "place of issue" detail under Q.10) Passport particulars of the applicant.

(we applied for it at a local post office and got it by mail, so don't know what to write for the place of issue question)

thanks,
                  SB.
                  If its USA passport then enter ?USDOS?

Comment

If its USA passport, Place of issue should be entered as "USDOS"

Comment

This is an old thread but one of the first in the google search, so just wanted to point out for others looking for this information in the future that there is now official documentation on this. It should be either USA or USDOS, see:

PLACE OF ISSUE OF PASSPORT: For US passport holders, it should be USA or USDOS only. For others – it should be exactly the same as stated in the Govt. form.

Comment

I'm applying for PIO for my US borned daughter. In the PIO application, I need to fill the "place of issue" detail under Q.10) . Passport particulars of the applicant.

thanks,
                        SB.
                        You can definitely write "USA / Dept. of State, USA" for the place of issue for your daughter's US passport on the PIO application. Because:

- The "place of issue" typically refers to the location where the passport was physically printed and issued.
                        - In the case of US passports, they are centrally issued by the Department of State, regardless of where the application was submitted.
                        - The US passport itself does not explicitly state the place of issue.
                        - Including "USA / Dept. of State, USA" provides accurate information about the issuing authority and country.​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X