Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G325A form

Hi,
    My son is applying for my Green Card.I have filled up I-130,I-484,I-765 forms

Who has to fill up G-325A form. Also in the last line do I( have to state as Adjustment of Status to Green card or anything else. I am in US now on B2 visa. I came in during first week of July. Is it the right time to apply for adjustment of status in US

Thanks
    sundaram

You BOTH have to fill out a g-325a, for the I-130. In them put the reason as "I-130 petition"

And YOU have to fill out another g-325a, for the I-485. In that one put the reason as "Adjusting of Status / Permanent Residency"

The time looks right for AOS, if this was in fact NOT PLANNED.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

G-325a

Thanks. That's a prompt reply :-)
      The Green card option was not planned when I landed here. All the same I wanted to be sure about the rules. Thanks again

regards

Comment

Permanent Residency IS the Green Card.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

G325a

Hi,
          Another clarification needed from you.

My Son has been in USA for the past 14 years. In his G 325 A form to sponsor me for I-130, does he have to fill in his stay details outside the USA for the past one year,though he stayed in India only before 1994 (Question under line 7 of the G325A form) Also does he have to give details of his employment outside India eventhough it was for 3/4 months before he came to USA for his MS in 1994

Comment

Every person filling out a G-325a has to include ALL employment and ALL information.

Comment

G-325A for son pettioning for father's Green Card I-130

Dear Praetorian XI

I am a little confused. The instruction of I 130 specifies that only for sponsoring Husband or wife , both have to fill up G325A form.

For sponsoring Father or mother you need to submit only Birth certificate of the sponsor and marriage certificate of his parents. It doesnot say anything about G325A form for son and father.

IN I 485 form it says about the G 325A of the applicant , that is father and here also there is no mention of the same for son.

Can you please clarify which is correct

Comment

You are correct. G-325a is only needed for the I-485. And the "answers" is that the petition is regarding "Adjusting for permanent residency".

Comment

Thanks a lot for your immediate response.

Comment

Notice of Receipt

Dear Praetorian XI

I had applied for I 130, I 485 and I765.
                    I have Receipts for all these forms. The Receipt number starts with MSC. But if I try to check the status it says that the receipt number is wrong. The number should start with WAC , EAC etc.

What does MSC mean?

Comment

Do not worry, it should take a few weeks before you can access to your case information online (because of USCIS delays).

MSC = Missouri Service Center, which is now known as NBC (National Benefits Center) and is in charge of pre-processing all AOS cases, and issuing EADs and APs.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.I am staying in seattle . Hope my FP will be done in Seattle

Comment

Originally posted by shyamni
                          Thanks for the prompt reply.I am staying in seattle . Hope my FP will be done in Seattle
                          https://www.immihelp.com/

Put your zip code in that and it will tell you where your finger prints will be taken (based on the closest ASC to you).

Comment

Questions on G325A

In the G325A The address of the last five years has only 5 lines. but i have more than 7 addresses for the last five years. in such cases how do we fill the extra ones.

Comment

Add aditional pages of paper, indicating the question and answers, staple it to the form.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X