Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signature/ Thumb Print on Pio card

I am also going to apply PIO in NY.
    Please tell me do I have to sign in the box below where I paste the photograph.

Also, at the end of page 2 on the form, there are 2 boxes. In which do we have to sign and where to put the thumb impressions ?

Please help urgently.

PS: I am trying to fill NY application form (https:///us-visa-and-immigration-for...m-new-york.pdf)
    Last edited by pgarg2000; 08-21-2008, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Original Documents

It seems some guidelines say to send in original documents like Passports, and some says notorized copy. I would rather send notorized copies so I still have my originals. Any word on what is the absolute must regarding originals?

Comment

PIO card validity for 5 yr US passport

Hi,
        My son's US passport has 5 years validity. Could some one tell me if he could still get the 15 year valid PIO card or would it also be just 5 yrs?

Thanks,
        CG

Comment

PIO will have 15 years validity regardless of US passport dates. When the US passport is renewed you'll need to have the PIO card updated in the space provided on page 1.

Comment

Notary info and # of application

Hi,

My bank (pnc) had denied to notary and they can do it only for pnc documents. They had given option me, if I get an affidavit from consulate they will do the notary in that. However I could not see any affidavit document in indian consulate web site.

I checked with my credit union, but i'm located in different state as I could not go in person.

Is that only option, I have to get it either from Fedex kingo/AAA/UPS etc?.

I'm attaching the following documents, and all of them needs to notarized?.

1. my son passport (US) (1st and last 3pages) and birth certificate
            2. my passport (1st and last 3pages) and birth certificate
            3. my wife passport (1st and last 3pages) and birth certificate
            4. driving license and utility bill

Consulate will accept if I took notary on the very first page of each document once instead of all pages?.

Sorry for asking many questions ... please advise.

Thanks,
            Nirmal.

Comment

Too bad about the response of the bank. Fedex will do it for you, but I'm uncertain of the cost. Another option would be to do a Google search in your city for notary service -- you could probably locate others.

I notarized all pages of passports, but am not sure if it's needed.

I didn't notarize driver's license or utility bill:

Comment

Received PIO card today; sent the following documents

Hi -

I am applying for PIO on Indian Consulate NY. Does cashier's check of $205 ($185 fee+ $20 return mail) is accepted or we can only send certified check only?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
                Subal

Comment

PIO Card Signature

Hi,

I am applying PIO card for my 5 months old daughter , could some one please let me know the following details

1)is my daughter thump impression is required or enough for both specimen col and below the Photographs.?

2)Both Mother and Father needs to sign the same locations ..?

3)How many copies of application required ? how many photos ..?

I am applying at NY consulate ..

Really appreciate any helps .. I tried to contact consulate ,but no one really picks the phone.

Thanks
                  Kiran

Comment

PIO Card application question.

I am trying to fill out the PIO application for my 9 month old daughter... I am a little confused as to what to mention in points 13 & 14...

We both (parents) have Indian passports and have entered our details in point 13..

so, now in point 14, what other info do we need to fill out.

PLs do let me know.Thanks in advance.

Comment

PIO Card Received in 3 days New York

Hi,

I have a 2 month old US born Indian son. I had my son's PIO card from New York in only 3 days. The instructions on the Indian consulate website are very confusing. So for the benefit of others, I am listing the documents that I sent with the application. I went in person to the consulate from Boston to New York and asked for delivery of the PIO card by mail to my address. This is what I submitted:

1. PIO form two copies with passport photograph (2" x 2" ....not 35mm) of my son on both the applications. 3 more passport photographs of the same size.

2. I put in thumb impression of my baby (while he was fast asleep; take as many as you can, then send the best one) in three regions of the form. I signed outside the boxes to attest the thumb impression.

3. Notarized photocopy of the first page (the page with the photograph) of my son's US passport and notarized copies of my wife's passport (1st & last 3 pages). I produced Visa pages too. My visa had expired, so they asked for photocopy of valid documents that guarantees my stay (Ds2019 in my case).

4. Copy of my son's US birth certificate (notarized).

5. Copy of my driver's license and a utility bill (heat/electricity) showing my address.

6. Copy of my & wife's School & College leaving certificate (as I didnt have the Indian birth certificate in US)

7. Cash $205

I did submit in person at New york....on Tuesday..I received it on Friday by mail....the lady at the window was very nice in her behavior. I only suggestion if you plan to visit New York...dont take a big bag with laptop...they ask you to keep the bags outside on the street unattended before entering the consulate. Otherwise I had a prompt & nice experience...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X