Received PIO card today; sent the following documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received PIO card today; sent the following documents

Today I received the PIO card for my infant son. I had applied at the New York consulate. I found the instructions on the Indian consulate website very confusing. So for the benefit of others, I am listing the documents that I sent with the application.
    1. PIO form two copies with passport photograph of my son on both the applications.
    2. 3 more passport photographs attached to one of the applications with a paper clip
    3. Notarized photocopy of the first page (the page with the photograph) of my son's US passport. His US passport contained some pictures on the second and third page, which would have been of no use to the Indian consulate.
    4. Copy of my son's US birth certificate (not notarized)
    5. Notarized photocopy of the first 3 and last 3 pages of my Indian passport
    6. Notarized photocopy of the first 3 and last 3 pages of my wife's Indian passport
    7. Copy of my driver's license and a utility bill showing my address. I first thought that they wouldn't need this. On second thoughts sent it thinking that they might want the address to verify that I am applying to the right consulate.
    8. Copy of my wife's driver's license and a utility bill with her name on it.
    9. Copy of my Indian birth certificate
    10. Copy of my wife's Indian birth certificate
    11. Certified check for $205

I mailed the applications exactly 3 weeks ago and I received the PIO card today. I got the copies of passport pages notarized from my bank. The notary stapled the 3 pages of my passport and notarized them together. He did not notarize each page individually. He did the same with my wife's passport.

asp

Thank you

Thank you very much. this is very helpful

Comment

Thanks

Thanks It more helpfull

Comment

thanks

Thanks man. Really helpful.
        how did you mail it. normal post or certified post?

Comment

Hi there,
          Did you paste the photographs or did you pin them up

Comment

hi asp

thanks again.
            For the photos, can we use the same 2mm x 2mm photos we took for the kid's US passport?
            How did you do ? did you have totake pp of different sizes ?

Comment

Photo printing

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...highlight=word

It would be 2 inches x 2 inches, 2 mm will be too tiny.

Comment

Notary

Hi ,

Congratulations for getting the PIO card.

I am trying to get the passport copies notarized thru my bank (WellsFargo) but they have denied to do that, saying that the passport copies are not official documents and we Notarize only those doc where one has to sign in their presense.

Can you please tell from which bank you got ur and your kids passport notarized.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

The photo size

The photo for PIO card should be indian passport size / 2 inch X 2 inch US size or 3.5 cm * 3.5 cm size as mentioned in the guidelines.

Please guide .

Comment

sanm23

Thanks!

Regarding the notarization. One employee of our company who is in HR is a notary so she did free for me. But in general you can do them at the AAA offices or banks( you may try other bank). I did some docs at AA once.

Regarding passpost photos. Are you asking a quesiton? or are you saing we can use US passpot size 2inchx2inch?

I have another question. In the PIO application form ( downloaded from NY consulate), under

1. a) Name of Applicant:
                    b) Surname at birth( if any):

Should we write full name in 1 a) , I mean first, middle and last name?
                    Here I think we should fill in last name, correct?

Comment

PIO - Name

First and middle name on the first line
                      Surname on the second

Take care.

Comment

Is it a separate card?

Seems you didn't require to send the original documents - is it a separate card unlike visa that is pasted on the passport? Sorry for my ignorance.

Comment

PIO Card

Congralutions !!!

one question on other websites they mentioned send certified check for $185

why we need to send $205?

Kanwar

Comment

Pio

Any body can get notorized from bank or post office or any other government body by showing your US. Driver's licence .any bank does not have the right to deny the authorization of photocopy. if they decline ,please tell them to write a letter stating that following are the reason's for denial.

All the Best !!!

Comment

PIO Card Fee

Fee for applying the PIO card is $185 and mail back service charge is $20, usually over night mail. So in total you have to pay $205. This information is available in the PIO application form @SFO.

In general for all the consulate services, you have to pay $20 towards the mail back service.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X