Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for I-130 Receipt Notice still...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for I-130 Receipt Notice still...

Hello guys,

I mailed I-130 form to Chicago lockbox on 12/21/2007 and they received it on 12/24/2007 by USPS. But still waiting for the receipt notice If anybody has filed I-130 recently, please post your experience here. Even the check is not cashed yet.

Is it recommended to file I-129F (for K3 visa) after getting I-130 receipt notice ? Both K3 visa and IR1/CR1 visa timeframe look like almost same now. Please post your advice.

Thanks

Chicago Lock Box processing applications dated 10/18.

http://www.immihelp.com/articles/receiptingtimes.html

Lately, this is being updated daily/frequently and the processing times for various applications are posted here.

Comment

that's weird. There are a lot of people who filed after you and already they have a receipt. I thought they only would take a couple of weeks to issue a receipt notice. I sent my apps on January 7th, 2008, they received it january 8th , so i'm waiting on receipts

Comment

Thanks RUNNER83. I am watching this link every day. I saw one guy's posting about his/her I-130 filing on 12/11/2007 and he/she already got the Receipt Notice on 01/08/2008. That's why I needed updates from others who have filed it recently.

Which one is faster now - K3 visa or IR1/CR1 ???

I-129F can only be filed with I-130 Receipt Notice. So, if that takes longer time, I believe there is no point to go for K3 visa.

How long NVC and Consulate in India take to complete IR1/CR1 once the I-130 is approved ???

Comment

I didn't receive the receipts either

I sent seperate I-130 applications on 11/19/07 and USCIS received them by 11/21. They still didn't process the checks and sent the receipts. So, I am going to wait till the receipting update for Chicago Lockbox shows 11/21 date and will call USCIS if I dont have the receipts then.

Comment

Originally posted by runner83
            I sent seperate I-130 applications on 11/19/07 and USCIS received them by 11/21. They still didn't process the checks and sent the receipts. So, I am going to wait till the receipting update for Chicago Lockbox shows 11/21 date and will call USCIS if I dont have the receipts then.
            Good luck RUNNER83. You're close to it since the receipt notice sending date is 11/05/2007 for Chicago Lockbox. Please update your status and good luck !

Comment

Thanks CTK3

Yes, I do see that dates are moving forward quickly nowadays but my real concern is how long will it take for my parents to get here. Looking at the recent post in the same forum, it took 10 months for someone else's parent to get their visa. We have to add another 4-6 months because of the delay USCIS is currently experiencing.

Comment

Yes, I do see that dates are moving forward quickly nowadays but my real concern is how long will it take for my parents to get here. Looking at the recent post in the same forum, it took 10 months for someone else's parent to get their visa. We have to add another 4-6 months because of the delay USCIS is currently experiencing.

http://immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36660
                The link you forwarded is really cool ! Parents are fine, but I am waiting for my spouse Please don't tell me to add another 4-6 months Just kidding.

Keep our fingers crossed and to be optimistic, I would say 9 months since filing if we don't delay anything from our side

Comment

Eventhough I sound sad, I am really optimistic. I never had any issues with immigration and citizenship matters. Any form I sent to USCIS used to be processed and approved soon. This is just one of those last things I want to happen quickly. But the list of things that we want to have/happen quickly never ends. Or does it ?

I hope yours is approved soon as I understand it is not easy to be living away from your spouse. USCIS is saying it will take then 2 years to come back to normal in terms of processing times after this surge in applications.

Best Wishes.

Comment

Eventhough I sound sad, I am really optimistic.
                    Runner83, your I-130 receipt notice processing is just 8 days behind only. Your check would be cashed during this week and would get receipt notice soon. Then is the wait...

Comment

Please post your receipt dates of I-130 application

Did anyone receive receipt(s) from Chicago Lock box for I-130 petitions yet ?

If yes, can you please provide the date you sent the application and received the receipts.

Thanks.

Comment

I sent my apps on january 8th, and still i'm waiting on receipts

Comment

Originally posted by rosestroup
                          I sent my apps on january 8th, and still i'm waiting on receipts
                          Thanks ROSESTROUP ! I have compiled a spreadsheet that provides the details in a single place. I welcome all others in similar situation to post their details, so that I can add it in the spreadsheet. That way, it would be much easier to understand where we stand in I-130 processing.

Even I can add, I-129F or IR1/CR1 details too here. More and more people provide the information, more accurate the projections...

Thanks
                          CTK3
                          Attached Files

Comment

Receipt for I-130

Hey everyone!!
                            My filing date is 11/20/2007. USCIS website shows they have updated upto 11/26/2007. I called the USCIS and they tell me that they do not have my name in the system. They advised to keep on checking with your bank to see when your check is cashed. I am anxiously waiting for the receipt so I can file the I-129F.
                            Does anyone know how long is the process taking for I-129F once filed.

Comment

Originally posted by fab718
                              Hey everyone!!
                              My filing date is 11/20/2007. USCIS website shows they have updated upto 11/26/2007. I called the USCIS and they tell me that they do not have my name in the system. They advised to keep on checking with your bank to see when your check is cashed. I am anxiously waiting for the receipt so I can file the I-129F.
                              Does anyone know how long is the process taking for I-129F once filed.
                              Thanks FAB718 for your details. I have updated the spreadsheet and attached. You should get the Receipt Notice in couple of days time. BTW, did your check have been encashed ?

I believe I-129F PD to AD takes 6 months now. Then one month at NVC and another month at foreign consulate. This is just my observation only. We'll track I-129F and IR1/CR1 details too in our spreadsheet.
                              Attached Files

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X