Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marriage in India, can I get divorce in USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemini,

For obtaining a divorce, the location of your marriage (India) has nothing to do with the divorce requirements. Locate a paralegal in your area who does divorces for a reasonable fee. If you have children or real estate together, you should probably use an attorney in stead of a divorce.

--Ray B

Originally posted by gemini99 View Post
    Hi all,

I am writing to get some help in my case. I came to US on F1 visa and got an H1B. I got married in 2013 and my marriage is registered in India. We both are IT professionals.

Lately I have been having problems with my husband and I have been a victim of physical abuse. Every time we fight or argue, he hits me and tortures me until I agree to what he says. To the world he seems to be a perfect husband but I know what the reality is. He is too much obsessed with his self image and self respect. I tried to call the cops couple of times but resisted. We are good, only if we don't argue or fight. But how is that possible that 2 people don't argue? Also, lately I came to know that he had crossed all limits with his ex-girl friend - which he lied when we got married. Recently I ran into one of his old email accounts and saw all proofs. I have all proofs documented. He later confessed that he crossed all limits with his ex-girl friend. He thinks he loves me but I cannot continue with him anymore. I would like to know the procedure to seek divorce in US for a marriage registered in India. What should I be doing in my case? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
    G

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X