Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marriage in India, can I get divorce in USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage in India, can I get divorce in USA?

Hi,

I am on F-1 VISA. My family arranged a marriage for me in India in 2003 and I got married in my visit for one month. I came back alone here and soon realized that I don't like her at all. She is from a comparitively rich family in India (in a village). in my second visit (after two years of marriage) I expresses to her that I don't think I can live my life with you so I want a divorce. Immediately after the in-laws family started torturing me and my family. She also became so much abusive to me and my family. I somehow came back to USA to continue my studies but they are posing threat to my family and waiting to file case physical and mental torture to her (to put my parents in jail so that I will return to India).

Is it possible to file divorce in USA without going to India, even when marriage took place in India and she never came to USA?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-

Assuming you spoken truth.. get your parents to usa buddy, do not leave them for this unexpected attack. Parents already done you so big and now this. Try to get them in usa and give them peace...ask them to file a complaint in police if they are getting harassed and take help of media. Remember if you leave parents alone it will not be good for them mentally too.

Comment

Harsh

mean response from the last person. I am an attorney, although not in immigration. Have you found help?

Comment

Reply to oopshey79 on : Marriage in India, can I get divorce in USA?

So Stupid and insane you are behaving..

Why didnt u realize that u didnt like the girl at the time of marriage...You could have said no to your parents... Common Man you are not a kid!!!

Your parents say marry and you marry... huh?... then after you get back to US, thennnnnnn you realized you didnt like her.... doesnt your message make you feel ashamed of yourself..

And why did it take 2 years to tell her and family that you dont like her and want a divorce...Are you gone nuts??? or Were you so busy with your studies... he he he he

Do u think marriage is game.. when u like it you have fun and enjoy and if you dont like.. go for a divorce... Isnt that so easy?? So bird-brain you are that u cant understand the otherside pain and depression they would be undergoing and worried abut your parents safety....

Any girl in that position would do the same... file a case.. When would such guys start learning humanity and other virtues..

Comment

I need divorce in usa but got married in india

Hello,

I want somebody who can recommend me a lawyer who can help me getting divorce in usa,which is valid in India too and live my life.I cannot attedn the court also in this case and now the person lives in usa too .He came on F2 and now he got his H1 and living his life.Iam on H1 too.Want to come out of this relation.any help or advices pls

Comment

Originally posted by swetha1985
            Hello,

I want somebody who can recommend me a lawyer who can help me getting divorce in usa,which is valid in India too and live my life.I cannot attedn the court also in this case and now the person lives in usa too .He came on F2 and now he got his H1 and living his life.Iam on H1 too.Want to come out of this relation.any help or advices pls
            Read this thread.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Marriage in India and divorce in USA

I got married in India with the guy who has h1 and came here on h4. After coming here we both applied for green card and its in process. We got EAD card.

Things are not working out between us and I feel that my husband got married just for money and whatever I earn, he takes all money. I would like to know where should I file divorce? In India or in USA? Will it be valid in both countries? Can I clain the money I earned during past year? How much time does it take to get divorce?

Comment

Hi

Hi Ms.Shah,
                Firstly i am sorry to hear your state When you say you are on H4 how come you are able to work legally ? is it after you got your I485...that you are working ....? sorry got a bit confused...when you say your husband married you for money ? What evidence you have to prove it ...as you came to US being his dependent and legally cannot work ....and asfar as your parents property i think it would too tough for anyone of you to claim it legally if your parents have had a living will in place...is it just that you want to get out of relation? if so then you both can apply lfor divorce of mutual understanding rather than playing dirty blamin game...think about it and this is just my thought.....
                Take care and God bless you

Originally posted by Dptsha
                I got married in India with the guy who has h1 and came here on h4. After coming here we both applied for green card and its in process. We got EAD card.

Things are not working out between us and I feel that my husband got married just for money and whatever I earn, he takes all money. I would like to know where should I file divorce? In India or in USA? Will it be valid in both countries? Can I clain the money I earned during past year? How much time does it take to get divorce?

Comment

Have put myself in ****

This is going to sound real **** and you all might abuse me.
                  I got married without telling parents and now the girl wants to leave me.
                  I dont want my parents to know nething abt my marriage and the divorce/any other option.
                  Now my parents have searched for a girl and I have told her everything abt me.
                  This new girl knows everthing and has seen my wife. I told her abt my situation and under what circumstance I got married. Earlier she did not believe and kept on asking for reasons and proofs and swear to GOD I told her the truth.
                  But I dont want my parents to know that this is my second marriage otherwise they will be broken. totally.
                  I know I shouldnt have done this but this was my first love and we were mad.

I am in canada on student visa and my wife is on student visa in US. we got married in INdia and we had applied for Canada PR.

I want a clean chit so that I can start my life from scratch.
                  I know this all sound weired and mean. But this is all I can do to save my Parents from being ashamed of me.

do let me know incase ne1 can help.
                  going thru difficult time and really hope some1 might understand me.

Comment

DUPLICATE post.
                    Immihelp Support
                    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Could you guide me

Hello ankwoods,

I am also in similar situation as described by you here.
                      I would like to know what procedure did you followed. And if you have any tips for me. I would like to discuss this in more detail.

Thanks!

Originally posted by ankwoods View Post
                      I dont want my parents to know nething abt my marriage and the divorce/any other option.
                      This new girl knows everthing and has seen my wife. I told her abt my situation and under what circumstance I got married. Earlier she did not believe and kept on asking for reasons and proofs and swear to GOD I told her the truth.
                      But I dont want my parents to know that this is my second marriage otherwise they will be broken. totally.

I am in canada on student visa and my wife is on student visa in US. we got married in INdia and we had applied for Canada PR.

I know this all sound weired and mean. But this is all I can do to save my Parents from being ashamed of me.

Comment

Originally posted by ankwoods View Post

I've been stupid in somewhat similar way.However later on I remained truthful to my parents and told everything as it happened. they supported me. I am still fighting battle however my family is on myside and that is BIG relief. Power of truth- IT works and it did for me. Best luck

Comment

Marriage registered in India, divorce in US?

Hi all,

I am writing to get some help in my case. I came to US on F1 visa and got an H1B. I got married in 2013 and my marriage is registered in India. We both are IT professionals.

Lately I have been having problems with my husband and I have been a victim of physical abuse. Every time we fight or argue, he hits me and tortures me until I agree to what he says. To the world he seems to be a perfect husband but I know what the reality is. He is too much obsessed with his self image and self respect. I tried to call the cops couple of times but resisted. We are good, only if we don't argue or fight. But how is that possible that 2 people don't argue? Also, lately I came to know that he had crossed all limits with his ex-girl friend - which he lied when we got married. Recently I ran into one of his old email accounts and saw all proofs. I have all proofs documented. He later confessed that he crossed all limits with his ex-girl friend. He thinks he loves me but I cannot continue with him anymore. I would like to know the procedure to seek divorce in US for a marriage registered in India. What should I be doing in my case? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
                          G

Comment

really

good to know hear abt this...hmm
                            http://www.kelvinindia.in/

Comment

copied post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}