Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Note on B2 visa stamp-what does it mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note on B2 visa stamp-what does it mean?

My mother extended her stay last time she was here. When she entered the coutry this time she got 6 month B2 visa. There are no notes on departure record but on the stamp in her pasport it says B2 visa, October 1, 2006 (entered), March 31, 2007 (expires), and hand written note VIOPP (it looks like)or VIOPD (can't read it well). What does it mean??? She did not surrender her I-94+extension last time at the port of departure because extension came after she left. That hand written note worries me. She got other extensions of stay in the past-always left on time, never overstayed.
    Thank you for your help!

VIOPP means Visa In Other PassPort. Did she use a new passport to enter? with her visa in the old passport? either way, there is nothing to worry about.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Greatly appreciate!

I greately appreciate your advice Praetorian!!! You sure know your stuff! It is a great service you are providing here. Thank you!
      Yes, she used a new passport, but had her entrance visa in the old passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X