1. What is the purpose of your visit ?
2. What does your daughter do ?
3. What does your son-in-law do ?
4. Where do your daughter and son-in-law work ?
5. Why do you want to stay there for 3 months ?
6. What were you working as before you retired ? (This question was asked to both my mother and father. VO also asked details about their job position).
7. What is your age ? (Asked to my mother).
8. What does your son do ? (Trick question, I have no siblings).
9. What does your 2nd daughter do ? (Trick question again, I have no siblings).
10. Will you come back ?
VO did not ask for any documents. Finally she said that I am granting the visa. She also said "Make sure that you come back to India, otherwise it reflects badly on your daughter's records."
Documents that I sent to sponser my parents:
- Notarized I134.
- Employment Authorization letter from my company's HR on company letterhead.
- Letter from bank giving summary of my bank balance.
- Latest pay stubs.
- Latest bank statement.
- Invitation letter to parents.
- Letter to consulate requesting them to issue visa.
- My birth certificate.
- Copy of passport, including blank pages.
- Copy of my I-797 H1 approval and I-94.
- My tax returns for 2 years.
- My husband's visa, I-94 and relevent passport pages.
- My husband's latest pay stub and bank statement.
- Marriage certificate.
My parent's carried the following documents in addition to the above documents that I sent them:
- Their bank passbooks.
- Property papers.
- FD receipts.
- Tax returns.
- Pension passbooks and pension payslips.