Please help me with my case.
Here is the chronology of events:
- In September I lost job as part of layoff process in my company, then I had H1.
- Soon after I put a Change of Status from H1 to L2 (as I was not aware of time frame of getting a new job, my spouse is on L1 to avoid out of status).
- I received the acknowledgment for the COS in the beginning of October.
- By end of October I got a job and my new employer applied for H1 transfer in Premium mode - while applying for transfer he mentioned about the COS and also the acknowledgment was attached.
- My Visa transfer process was done successfully by 1st week of November
- My spouse traveled out of country as my H1 was through and returned by end of December
- Now in January I received denial of COS, and the reason I was given was spouse not in Country. It also mentioned that as I was out of job in September and as my spouse is out of Country, I do not have rights to stay back.
Our concern is ---
- When we had mentioned about the COS process in the H1 transfer and when H1 transfer was through, why did I receive the denial of COS(I did not even receive Request for Evidence/proof)?
- Am I out of status now?
- Also do I have to get in touch with USCIS for this to explain them about my successful H1 transfer?
- What should be my next step?
Thanks in Advance,