Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 Queries

Hello Sir/Madam

I was an International student and unfortunately I overstayed in US for more than my I-20 authorize date of stay.However, my Visa is currently valid and I left US before 180 days prior to deadline for any international student to be inside in US Illegaly.

Now, I got an I-20 from my same university and I intend to go back to US once again.

Please, advise me for my following questions:

1) Should I go to US Consulate for a new visa?
    2) What can I expect at the port of entry?
    3) Should I planwell before heading fro US?

Your forum is one of the best among others in Interent.I am also a member of your online forum.I really want your expert advise regarding this issue.

Regards,

Soumen

Hi i somewhat had a similar circumstance.. i took a year off (in 2006) and went back to India under "Authorized Withdrawal" from my college..then when i intended to get back to US(After a year),my college issued me a new I-20 but i had to take the visa interview again because sources said that i would definitely have a problem at the port of entry even though i have a valid visa till 2010.Under F-1 visa regulations anyone who is not registered in a course in US for more than 5 months is considered to be in "Out of Status". in youre situation am not sure what you will have to expect at the interview since you over stayed in the US..

Comment

Originally posted by Davesworld26
      Hi i somewhat had a similar circumstance.. i took a year off (in 2006) and went back to India under "Authorized Withdrawal" from my college..then when i intended to get back to US(After a year),my college issued me a new I-20 but i had to take the visa interview again because sources said that i would definitely have a problem at the port of entry even though i have a valid visa till 2010.Under F-1 visa regulations anyone who is not registered in a course in US for more than 5 months is considered to be in "Out of Status". in youre situation am not sure what you will have to expect at the interview since you over stayed in the US..
      Hi Davesworld26

It is nice to get your reply.But, could you please clarify my two doubts:

1) What did the counsellor asked you over in visa interview?
      2) What did the POE officer asked you over at your status?

Regards

Soumen

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X