I am blessed with a baby boy during the end of 2007. He was born in Houston, TX. Now the concern is our return journey back to the base, India.
I am working on H1. My wife is on H4. We do not have any intention to settle / stay back here permanently.
I have got my son's birth certificate. I haven;t applied his passport.
1. Can we get an Indian passport for the baby while he is in the US or only US Passport?
2. If Indian passport, does he need to obtain a visa for our rest our stay, hopefully till June sometime.
3. If only US Passport, shall I provide the Indian address as permanent address in the US passport application?
Once we obtain the US passport and PIO card, we would go back to India.
1. Will he ever become Indian citizen or what would be the procedure to obtain citizenship?
2. Once we obtain Indian citizenship, would he be able to join government jobs, like defense services or administartive services?
3. Will he be given a visa by US authorities to come to US after he obtains Indian citizenship?
If he continues on US Citizenship
1. How long he can stay using the PIO card?
2. Can he be added to any of our bank accounts or can he have an account on his own?
3. Can we buy a land or house on his name?
Am totally confused and worried about the next steps as people are simply asking,'why did you let him born here?'.
Your experience, suggestions / advise would be of great help.
Thank youin advance.