travel during OPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel during OPT

I am on OPT status until September 2008. I recently got a job and wish to start working sometime in April. The company will apply for H1B soon. I wanted to travel to the United Arab Emirates and come back before I start my job. Could you please tell me if this is possible and what the requirements and the risks involved are?

Thanks.

Well, if you are in OPT then you must have recieved the EAD card.You must have seen a statement below the card which states as "Not an Reentry into US".Now, if you travel with the OPT to UAE then it is fine for "ONE TRIP".If you wish to come back then there may be loads of questions being asked by Immigration officer at the port of entry.Wait for till september and after getting H-1B, it will be safe to go to UAE and come back with a stamp of H-1B.

Comment

thanks

Comment

OPT Travel

Hi there,
        Im currently on OPT till May 5th, 2008. My employer will apply for the H1 in April.
        I have to goto India from last week of March to first week of April. Since my application would have been filed by 1st April, when I come back on 6th April to US, what will be my status. What issues are of concern here.

Thanks much.
        Venu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X