Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferobrynza
    and then what?
    Then you can open a service request. Call the USCIS number and they will tell you till when you have to wait. It was 30/45/60/90 days during the 485 rush season last year.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by racqtball
      I mailed it to this address, and I used USPS Express mail. I checked the tracking info and it says it was signed by I INS.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
      Attn: FBASI
      427 S. LaSalle - 3rd Floor
      Chicago, IL 60605-1098
      I have a similar situation. I mailed out my package (I-130, I-485 etc.) on Apr. 15th 2008 and after a week I still haven't received a return receipt either through USPS or a receipt date directly from USCIS. And as directed in the I-130 instructions, I sent my papers to:
      P.O. Box 805887
      Chicago, IL 60680-4120

I'd wait for a couple more weeks to see if the checks cash but I have to admit its already making me a tad nervous.

Comment

well my checks was still not chashed...after 6 weeks...I called them twice and ask if I should cancel them and reaplly...they said not to do it...what is advice?

Comment

Have you applied for parents?

If it is OK for you to share - Have you applied for concurrent processing (130, 485 etc.) for your parents?

If yes, what was their visa status when they enterred into USA?

Comment

Is it possible that USCIS has lost my application? Two months gone and no answer.... should I reapply again?

Comment

well,called INS and they admit that they lost my letter....after 8weeks!!!!!I just wanna know what is better/faster?
              to apply all over again or to send them a copy of my recipe from US post office and copy of my I-485 and I-130 and I-765...simply all packet.... It was family adjustment of course.PLS. help my with advice!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by endgame456
                I have a similar situation. I mailed out my package (I-130, I-485 etc.) on Apr. 15th 2008 and after a week I still haven't received a return receipt either through USPS or a receipt date directly from USCIS. And as directed in the I-130 instructions, I sent my papers to:
                P.O. Box 805887
                Chicago, IL 60680-4120

I'd wait for a couple more weeks to see if the checks cash but I have to admit its already making me a tad nervous.
                Endgame456 ~ I sent off my package on 16th April 2008 and only received my NOA last Monday 28th. Give it the 10-14 days I'm sure you will receive them. As for checks being cashed, I havent looked into that. I feel as long as they have received them and I got the NOA's acknowledging same it should be ok.

Comment

My 2 cents

Originally posted by ferobrynza
                  well,called INS and they admit that they lost my letter....after 8weeks!!!!!I just wanna know what is better/faster?
                  to apply all over again or to send them a copy of my recipe from US post office and copy of my I-485 and I-130 and I-765...simply all packet.... It was family adjustment of course.PLS. help my with advice!!!!
                  If I were you, I would cancel teh checks and reapply totally new, so not to deal with the US post office receipt etc., and get into a fight with teh USCIS. But please consult a lawyer regarding what happens if teh old application surfaces and if USCIS tries tocashteh old checks, I read someplace that bouncing a check sent to federal govt is a mis demeanor. If uscis says in writing that they have lost the package then that would be proof enough, or at least a case number confirming they lost your package would suffice, I guess. I know how frustrating this is. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by racqtball
                    If I were you, I would cancel teh checks and reapply totally new, so not to deal with the US post office receipt etc., and get into a fight with teh USCIS. But please consult a lawyer regarding what happens if teh old application surfaces and if USCIS tries tocashteh old checks, I read someplace that bouncing a check sent to federal govt is a mis demeanor. If uscis says in writing that they have lost the package then that would be proof enough, or at least a case number confirming they lost your package would suffice, I guess. I know how frustrating this is. Good luck to you.
                    right...cashed on 29th of april... so finally done! thanks a got...

Comment

Have you(racqtball) been approved or not yet?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X