Need Help Sent 485,130 etc Check not Cashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Sent 485,130 etc Check not Cashed

I applied for Family based GC on Feb 15th (Received by INS on Feb 19th tracking info by USPS.com) its going to be close to 4 weeks and the checks has not been cashed yet. I am checking the immigration portal and everyone who has applied around that time have received notices(usually within 10 days), and they adviced me to call USCIS after 30 days to find out, but the recorded message in USCIS says in most cases it takes 4 weeks but some cases might take upto 15 weeks to receive a notice. My question is

Should I wait 15 weeks to take the next step.
    What should be my next step, is refiling an option?
    Not sure if INS has lost the package or what has happenned, so what happens to the old package if I refile a new one?

Check you bank statement every day about check cahed info. That is the only resource that your papers are take for process. If any wrong amount, it may take more time before it get returned to you.

Originally posted by racqtball
    I applied for Family based GC on Feb 15th (Received by INS on Feb 19th tracking info by USPS.com) its going to be close to 4 weeks and the checks has not been cashed yet. I am checking the immigration portal and everyone who has applied around that time have received notices(usually within 10 days), and they adviced me to call USCIS after 30 days to find out, but the recorded message in USCIS says in most cases it takes 4 weeks but some cases might take upto 15 weeks to receive a notice. My question is

Should I wait 15 weeks to take the next step.
    What should be my next step, is refiling an option?
    Not sure if INS has lost the package or what has happenned, so what happens to the old package if I refile a new one?
    Last edited by GreatGuru; 03-14-2008, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Thankyou Greatguru

Originally posted by GreatGuru
      Check you bank statement every day about check cahed info. That is the only resource that your papers are take for process. If any wrong amount, it may take more time before it get returned to you.
      I have been checking my bank statement online everyday and its not cashed yet, and the amount sent was the correct amount. How much more time should I wait till I contact USCIS. Is refiling an option?

Comment

what address did you mail the package to?
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Address

I mailed it to this address, and I used USPS Express mail. I checked the tracking info and it says it was signed by I INS.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
          Attn: FBASI
          427 S. LaSalle - 3rd Floor
          Chicago, IL 60605-1098

Comment

Give it 2-4 more weeks and refile after that.
            Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thank you PraetorianXI

Originally posted by PraetorianXI
              Give it 2-4 more weeks and refile after that.
              Before refiling should I call USCIS and let them know about it and then stop payment on the old checks. (Their recorded message says it might take upto 15 weeks for the notice to be mailed)

Comment

well, you sent it to wrong adress...that adress is for private couriers e.g. Fedex or UPS..... so that is why...

Comment

Express Mail

Originally posted by ferobrynza
                  well, you sent it to wrong adress...that adress is for private couriers e.g. Fedex or UPS..... so that is why...
                  USPS said for express mail for some one to sign, send it to the above address than to PO Box, looks like apprently its a mistake anyways someone has signed for it and received it.

Comment

Since I am getting into the same situation (sent 3rd,recieved on 5th and still not check cashed and or recieved notice...) I am asking if you have gotten your case inot process or not? Any news? If not what kind of action you gonna take????

Comment

ferobrynza

Originally posted by ferobrynza
                      Since I am getting into the same situation (sent 3rd,recieved on 5th and still not check cashed and or recieved notice...) I am asking if you have gotten your case inot process or not? Any news? If not what kind of action you gonna take????
                      Its too early for you to be alarmed, I called USCIS and they asked me to wait for couple more weeks and call back. They said they will not have anything in their system until it is 30 WORKING days. My plan is to wait for couple more weeks and call back again, if they do not have any info on the system, I am planning on canceling the checks I sent earlier and reapply again, this time to the PO Box address in Chicago.

Comment

Update

Checks cashed after 1 month. Application received by USCIS on Feb 19th, checks cashed on March 19th.

Comment

my checks still not cashed...recieved 3/5/08 What should I do? Can be a problem that I did not put my name on checks? It is my acc. and checks has my name print on.......

Comment

Just wait for few more days.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

and then what?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X