Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reaffirmed approval document(I-797) means?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reaffirmed approval document(I-797) means?

Dear All!

Interesting Twists in H1B Proecess and useful to the guys who got 221(g).

(1) Attended H1b Interview in Mar-2006 and got 221(g)
    (2) Submitted reqd. docs thru drop box in Apr-2006.
    (3) Attended 2nd time interview in jun-2006 based on the mail recd. from US Consulate, Chennai and got 221(g) again.
    (4) Again attended interview in Nov-2006 ang got 221(g) for AAP.

In Nov-2007 i have recd. a mail from USCIS stating that my case has been approved and the same time my case status is showing as follows: (Even today also it's the same status)
    Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: Cable sent to American Consulate or port of entry notifying them of approval.

On November xx, 2007, the appropriate American Consulate or port of entry was notified of the approval of this case. Please contact them directly if you need more information.

Then I contacted US Consulate, Chennai over mail to know the further step.The next day I got email from the US Consulate Chennai as follows:

In accordance with current regulations, we cannot proceed with a visa issuance based on information from the website. Per 9 Foreign Affairs Manual 41.53 N9.1, "The basis for H visa issuance consists of an approved Form I-129, Petition for a nonimmigrant worker, telegraphic, e-mail or telephonic notification from DHS or the Department of the approval of such a petition, or a Form I-797, Notice of Action, presented by the visa applicant." Therefore, please get the reaffirmed approval document (Form I-797) and appear in person on any Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday between 10 a.m. and 12 noon. Please check the holiday list in our website.

Again I contact the US Consulate Chennai to know the following clarifications:

lease clarify to the following two points.

(1) May I attend with these xerox copies with my passport for in person interview on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday between 10 a.m. and 12 noon ?

(2) Is there any need to pay Visa Application Fee (MRV Fee): US $131 again to attend in person interview at US Consulate, Chennai?

Please let me know the above two clarifications.

Expecting early response from you.

Finally US Consulate, Chennai sent the same mail to me.

Now, what is the exact step I have to take? Is there any hope on my H1B visa?

Please let me know the Next step I need to take..

Thanks in advance
    Spandana
    [email protected]

Hi Spandana

Hi Spandana,

I am also in same situation.

I attended visa interview at chennai consulate for H1B.At that time I got 22G asking more documents.I have submitted requested documents, but lastly I got courier stating that my petition got returned to USCIS for review.This happend to me 8 months back.

Recently, I got below update from USCIS stating that

Application Type: I129 , PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER
    Current Status: Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa
    processing.

On Feb 22, 2008, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the
    Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please
    contact them directly.

After that no further updates.

Could you please let me know how to progress further in this regard.When contacted chennai consulate , they were saying to come for visa interview with re-approved pettion(I-797).But till now, my employer did't get any re-approved petition from USCIS.When contacted USCIS, thru phone, they were simply saying to contact consulate.

Even I mailed consulate stating that I already submitted original I-797 during first time interview, but they were replying with same content to come for visa interview with re-approved I-797.I am in confused state.

Please guide me like how to get this re-approved pettion from USCIS?
    How much time would take for this?Chances for getting visa.

Could you please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.Really appreciate your help.

Regards,
    Vamshi

Comment

Hi Vamsi and Spandana,

I am also in the same boat as of you guys!

I appeared for Interview on 26'th Feb 2007 and got 221G asking for Unemplyoment wage reports.

I submitted it along with the passport. After a month i got another blue form saying that it is in administrative processing, its in April 19'th 2007.

Until last month whenever i mail to consulate they used to reply back saying the still under Administrative processing. Last month i got reply from consulate saying that they are not dealing with my case and sent for USCIS for further review. But i didn't get any kind of notification from USCIS that they are dealing with my case. I did on-line search in USCIS website and always getting the message saying that they approved my petition on Oct-2006, its a old message which i used to get before also. I copy pasted the same thing and sent to the consulate saying that my case status is not changed in USCIS also. Then consulate replied back , saying that get "reaffirmed approval document and appear on any Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday in person". Right now my US employer is trying to get that.

Guys, please post your updates also and kindly be helpful to progress towards right direction

Thanks
      Bhaskar

Comment

To Bhaskar,

Hi Bhaskar,

It would take long time to reflect the status in USCIS website.When case gets returned to USCIS for review, it would take min 120 days for picking application for review at there end.

For me, it took almost 7 months for getting re-approval from USCIS after case got returned for review.It varies depends on case.

Regards,
        Vamshi

Comment

To Vamsi

Hi Vamsi,

Thanks for the reply.
          For me they sent to USCIS around june-2007, by this time already 10 months over, i feel consulate will have some time period to wait to get the feedback from USCIS and if they didn't get they would ask us for getting the re approval document. Anyways i feel this is a positive sign, i spoke with my employer, he told me that he sent this request to their attorney and would be getting the reply from them. Once they get reply from their attorney, they are going to inform me how to proceed further

Thanks
          Bhaskar

Comment

I am also in the same boat. Got email notification saying ...

we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing....

Initially I didn't understand the significance of those words. Later I realised it is a reapproval, specially, after reading this doc: https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/2...sing-221g.html

I don't know whether it is a boon or a curse because this might take me back into my disgusting past (2 years) (

Anyways, ... My employer too didn't receive any letter like I-797. Really interested about the progress of others who are in the same situation. Keep updating. All the best to all of you.

Comment

Hi ,

I did't get any feedback from USCIS till now.When I cotacted Chennai consulate, they were saying to come with re-approved petition from USCIS for interview on any day from TUE-THU (10 am to 12pm).

Still awaiting for positive result.

Regards,
              Vamshi.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X