Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card holder and medicaid

Hi everyone,

I am a green card holder and i am pregnant. My husband is self employment and health insurance did denied me as my previous conditions.

So we couldn't be able able to pay all my maternity care by ourselves. We did apply for medicaid because it's the only way to help us out now.

My question is, when i file form I-751 to remove my condition, will i get into troubles with USCIS?

Any answer would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I misread this earlier, I thought you said Medicare... either way.

USCIS will not consider emergency medicaid a public charge. In that case, you should be fine.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

medicaid experience

Things may have changed, but I got into a tricky situation 2 years ago.
      I was just like you, pregnant, no insurance. I applied for medicaid, got approved. Ironically, about a months before my due date, DHS(department of human services) had some type of review and found me ineligible for regular medicaid due to the fact that I had not been a resident of that particular state long enough
      ( I guess I had an inexperienced case worker that approved me). I believe that medicaid laws may vary from state to state.
      I got so worked up over the deal, that ended up delivering early. I am still making payments on my prenatal care. Emergency medicaid though, paid a portion of the bill for everything that was related to my son's delivery.
      When I had my conditions removed, no one cared about medicaid. Now, 2 years after the fact, it does not make much difference anymore, I feel stupid for getting so stressed out. My son is totally worth all the trouble we had gone through!
      Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X