Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card as Future Employee

Hi,

I am working with a company as Full Time Employee for the past two years. The company initially promised to start the GC after 6 months from my join date. Due to current economic situation... they are laying off some resources and hence they cannot start GC process for me. I am planning to start the GC process thru some other consultant company as a Future employee. Will this have any issue with my current employee or will there be any issue of any sort in future if I do it this way.

Please advise.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Green card as future employee is perfectly legal as long as you definitely work for that employer after getting greencard.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi,

Is it compulsary to stick with the future employer after getting the GC or there is certain period of time, we need to stick with that future employer.

Thanks a lot

Comment

A well-known law firm recommends sticking with the GC employer about 6 months after getting the GC. Again, this is just their opinion. I don't think there is anything written on stone about this.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

It is suggested and highly recommended that the employer work for the company after s/he gets greencard for 6 months especially if the person got it as future employment and never worked there. Otherwise, USCIS could say that the green card was obtained with no intention of working for the employer which is considered fraud.

This will come up biting during naturalization. If one used AC21, then it is fine. After the 485 is pending for 180 days, one could port the 485 to current employer and make them the GC sponsor if the job is same similar and avoid such problems.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
            Hi,

I am working with a company as Full Time Employee for the past two years. The company initially promised to start the GC after 6 months from my join date. Due to current economic situation... they are laying off some resources and hence they cannot start GC process for me. I am planning to start the GC process thru some other consultant company as a Future employee. Will this have any issue with my current employee or will there be any issue of any sort in future if I do it this way.

Please advise.

I'm in a similar situation as you are and I'm looking for the same answer

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
              Green card as future employee is perfectly legal as long as you definitely work for that employer after getting greencard.
              Would you know of any company that does the filing of Green card as future employee

Comment

Green Card as Future Employee

Hi,

Please advise.

I'm in a similar situation as you are and I'm looking for the same answer

I have already went though your reply that you posted back in 2010. Could you please confirm if this rule is still a valid one to file my GC as future employee via consulting houses?

Comment

My green card got approved as future employment around September 26th. How long....

[My green card got approved as future employment around September 26th through company A (sponsoring company). How long do i have or within how many days I should switch to the green card sponsoring company? It's already been 9 days and i am with company B (non-sponsoring company). I am planning to join sponsoring company after 35 - 40 days of GC approval?]

It is suggested and highly recommended that the employer work for the company after s/he gets greencard for 6 months especially if the person got it as future employment and never worked there. Otherwise, USCIS could say that the green card was obtained with no intention of working for the employer which is considered fraud.

This will come up biting during naturalization. If one used AC21, then it is fine. After the 485 is pending for 180 days, one could port the 485 to current employer and make them the GC sponsor if the job is same similar and avoid such problems.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Future Employment GC application

I have the same problem: When I asked the company I plan to work for to file a new GC application for me, they said feature employment is a "slippery road" and there is a big risk of getting denied..
                    I wonder if this is indeed the case and are there any process (law) amendments that recently took place?
                    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kulibin View Post
                      I have the same problem: When I asked the company I plan to work for to file a new GC application for me, they said feature employment is a "slippery road" and there is a big risk of getting denied..
                      I wonder if this is indeed the case and are there any process (law) amendments that recently took place?
                      Thanks!
                      Even i would like to know about this future employment process, are this option still exists in this administration ? i heard few consultancy are doing this still, can we trust them?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X