Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-751 How long does it take to get NOA from texas service center ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 How long does it take to get NOA from texas service center ?

We filed I-751 to texas Feb 21..Money order cashed on March 7

My conditional green card expired yesterday- March 29 but i havent received any receipt yet..

Anybody knows how long is gonna take to get notice of action? (1 year extension)
    Last edited by cookie; 03-30-2008, 07:12 PM.

I am on the same boat...

Hi
    I sent my I 751 to Texas Service Center on Feb.25/08,
    Check cashed March10 and I've never heart anything from them..
    Last edited by kth68; 04-01-2008, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Same here. My wife's drivers license expires next week. I'm not worried about the time it takes to remove conditions, but we cant afford to wait on the NOA much longer. I'm writing a request to my Senator today to see if he can help.

Comment

still the same.. any updates ??

kth68? ALnNA ? or anybody else

Comment

cookiee: I sent my I-751 to the Texas service center as well and have yet to get a reply. I sent my package on Feb 29 and my conditional green card expires April 29. I expected some delay but didn't think that it would take longer than a month just to get a receipt.

I also thought about calling the service center up. So I looked up the internet and found out the number to call is 1 800 375 5283. It is actually the main line for USCIS that can connect you to the TSC but only if you have the receipt number, which makes it moot. I called the lawyer who helped me apply for my conditional PR and he told me that there is a way to get a hold of a live person but he doesn't remember exactly how. Anybody who can verify this is much appreciated. My lawyer said it's hard to tell how long would it take for TSC to issue the NOA since they are backed up right now. When I called the 1800 number I was told by a recorded message that it may take up 15 weeks to get a receipt due to increased number of applications. That's almost 4 months...

A bit of a good news is that my lawyer also told me that even though my conditional PR card may be expired, but legally I'm still a PR and authorized to live and work here in US until the USCIS issues a statement that says otherwise. However, he advised against travelling out of the country because I might have trouble gaining entry to the US when I return.

My dilemma is that I might be switching job in another month or two and I'm worried that my expired PR card might be a problem.

Comment

Has anyone in this thread received their Application Receipt yet? We submitted our I-751 in February as well to Texas. In late March we received a notice to have biometrics done, which have been completed. This notice gave me a file number, so I have been tracking the case online. Sometime in April the online case status said that our case had been transferred to Vermont on March 18th. My husband's conditional green card and drivers license expires today (4/25), so about 2 weeks I called the Customer Service line to find out where the Application Receipt was. After numerous transfers and tons of time spent on hold, I spoke to someone who generated the receipt that day and faxed it to me and said she would be mailing it that day. We still don't have the original receipt. I do have the fax, but I don't think the drivers license bureau will accept a fax copy (but my husband is going today to try). This is so frustrating!!!

We had plans to fly to Missouri this weekend for a wedding, but without a valid drivers license, my husband can't go. We contemplated using his passport for ID, but it is stamped with his date of entry and the fact that its a CR1 visa (which means it expires in 2 years). I'm thinking that the airport employees that deal with domestic flights don't understand that the visa is expired, but its' scary to take a chance. Any suggestions/advice?

Comment

Originally posted by noelle
              Has anyone in this thread received their Application Receipt yet? We submitted our I-751 in February as well to Texas. In late March we received a notice to have biometrics done, which have been completed. This notice gave me a file number, so I have been tracking the case online. Sometime in April the online case status said that our case had been transferred to Vermont on March 18th. My husband's conditional green card and drivers license expires today (4/25), so about 2 weeks I called the Customer Service line to find out where the Application Receipt was. After numerous transfers and tons of time spent on hold, I spoke to someone who generated the receipt that day and faxed it to me and said she would be mailing it that day. We still don't have the original receipt. I do have the fax, but I don't think the drivers license bureau will accept a fax copy (but my husband is going today to try). This is so frustrating!!!

We had plans to fly to Missouri this weekend for a wedding, but without a valid drivers license, my husband can't go. We contemplated using his passport for ID, but it is stamped with his date of entry and the fact that its a CR1 visa (which means it expires in 2 years). I'm thinking that the airport employees that deal with domestic flights don't understand that the visa is expired, but its' scary to take a chance. Any suggestions/advice?
              I believe the DMV offices also issue State ID cards. I don't know the details but if you're eligible, it's easy to obtain and would be sufficient for domestic travel.

Comment

Hi Cookie,
                still the same with me, I haven't heart anything from TSC.

Comment

If you've submitted your application more than 45 days ago and still haven't received the NOA, you can get your passport stamped from a local USCIS field office. Essentially, the stamp will be your temporary permit to live/work in the US. To do this, you'll need to make an appointment via www.uscis.gov. Click on the "Infopass" icon at the bottom of the page and set up an appointment.

I found this out after speaking to a representative by calling the 1800 number I posted previously. The representative was very polite and helpful (a refreshing change from my prior experiences of trying to contact the INS). The representative will verify that they indeed received your application and will instruct you on how to make an infopass appointment. The rep that I spoke to told me that currently the TSC is servicing June 2007 applications and it would take appx. another 4 months before it can get to February 2008 applications.

Comment

still waiting..

Comment

How did you get through the prompts to the life person?

I tried to call the 1800 number and it is impossible to get through the prompts to reach a real person. How did you get to speak to the live person? What did you press?

Comment

Misia: I believe it's options 1, 2, 2, 6, 2, 4 and you'll get to speak to a rep.

Comment

Visa will be expiring 23MAY08

Moved to a new topic... sorry.
                          Last edited by robkent2002; 05-07-2008, 01:37 PM.

Comment

waiting and waiting..

any updates ?

Comment

Same here ...waiting

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X