Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pixie77
    Hi...

Thanks for the info inolepehc...another question...

I have a daughter who I left in my country she's 7 now...can my soon to be husband petition my daughter as stepdaughter the same time he petitions me? What forms should be filled for her aside from the I-130?

I have read somewhere that, that can be done and he doesn't need to adopt my daughter in order to petition her. I haven't seen my daughter for 3 years and miss her terribly. We both want her to get her as soon as its possible.

All your answers will be greatly appreciated... Thank you
    i'm not an expert, but if you want my opinion, i would say YES HE CAN. i am saying this based on what the i-130 instructions say in page 2:

7. What Documents Do You Need to Prove a Family Relationship?

H. Stepparent/stepchild: If your petition is based on a stepparent-stepchild relationship, you must file your petition with a copy of the marriage certificate of the stepparent to the child's natural parent showing that the marriage occured before the child's 18th birthday, and copies of documents showing that any prior marriages were legally terminated

you will have to marry first, then of course he is legally your husband, and at the same time the stepfather of your daughter (even if he hasn't met her yet), so no need for adoption, forget about that.

but how the things work regarding what forms and all that, i really don't know. i am assuming that due to the fact that she is in your/her country your husband will have to file one petition for you (together with i-485 to adjust your status because you are already here in USA) and another one for your daughter but she will have to follow consular processing (/usa-immigrant-visa-process/)

i hope some of the other users of this forum with more knowledge and expertise help you more than i am able to.

Comment

Originally posted by mcsam
      I am glad to read that you were that helpful to your sister. I am in the similar situation. Overstayed 4 years, married the USC. What did you put for her employment in G-325A? thanks.
      the truth.

Comment

hello
        i've been reading most of the posts here in regards of my daughter's case. i find the posts here very helpful and hopefully i can find answers to help her work on her paperwork..
        she had a dependent visa and overtayed, now shes married to a usc and working on applying for her green card, the question is she didn't have a ssn but she worked and paid taxes but didn't file for a return. she received checks and pay stubs. now on the g325a form it asked her for her employment record. does she need to put that record down? is she gonna get in trouble? will the immigration people check her background such as bank accounts etc.? i just wanted to know the right answers to file these papers for my daughter.
        any valuable help will be appreciated...
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by emerald31
          hello
          she had a dependent visa and overtayed, now shes married to a usc and working on applying for her green card, the question is she didn't have a ssn but she worked and paid taxes but didn't file for a return. she received checks and pay stubs. now on the g325a form it asked her for her employment record. does she need to put that record down? is she gonna get in trouble? will the immigration people check her background such as bank accounts etc.? i just wanted to know the right answers to file these papers for my daughter.
          any valuable help will be appreciated...
          thanks
          my sister did, and everything went alright.

Comment

I-130

First, many thanks to people who have contributed time to provide helpful answers to questions raised in this forum. I learned a lot from here, and are now more confident in filing my application.

I have some questions regarding the I-130 form. I'd appreciate it if you can kindly clarify for me. Part C of the form is "information about your relative." However, questions 13 to 16 seem to be answered by the petitioner (in my case, my husband, a US citizen.) Am I right? If so, since I entered the U.S. in 2007 as a visitor, I should put "visitor" and my I-94 number, date of arrival, as well as expiration date on my I-94 in my answers to C14. Correct? And, C15 is about my husband's employment, and C16 asks whether I have ever been under immigration proceedings. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by JJ68
              First, many thanks to people who have contributed time to provide helpful answers to questions raised in this forum. I learned a lot from here, and are now more confident in filing my application.

I have some questions regarding the I-130 form. I'd appreciate it if you can kindly clarify for me. Part C of the form is "information about your relative." However, questions 13 to 16 seem to be answered by the petitioner (in my case, my husband, a US citizen.) Am I right? If so, since I entered the U.S. in 2007 as a visitor, I should put "visitor" and my I-94 number, date of arrival, as well as expiration date on my I-94 in my answers to C14. Correct? And, C15 is about my husband's employment, and C16 asks whether I have ever been under immigration proceedings. Right?
              i-130 is a form to be filled entirely by the petioner. your husband (petioner) will enter all the information about you in section C. section C is your info only. c15 is about your employment, if it is the case. and c16, is about you again, so yes.

Comment

Originally posted by inolepehc
                i-130 is a form to be filled entirely by the petioner. your husband (petioner) will enter all the information about you in section C. section C is your info only. c15 is about your employment, if it is the case. and c16, is about you again, so yes.
                Thanks for your quick response!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X