Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Petition returned to USCIS, after 8 months got reapproved.Please advice.

Hi Friends,

I attended H1B interview at chennai consulate in the month of Nov-06 at that time I got 221G .I submitted requested documents thru drop box in March 2007.In July 07 consulate sent white form thru courier stating that my application sent back to USCIS as my employer unable to provide employment to me.

On 24th Feb'08 I got following update as a mail from uscis.

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing.

On February 22, 2008, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

I got above reply from USCIS(as mail update) almost one month back (Feb22nd).But there is no further update.When I checked with US consulate, Chennai they have told to come any TUE/WED/THU with re-approved petition.

Please clarify below:
    1)How much time would take by USCIS to send re-approved pettion?(Because its almost 50 days passed )

2)What will be the chances for getting visa?

3)Can we follow-up with USCIS in this regard?If so pls point the contact # or mail id.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.Really appreciate your support.

Regards,
    Vamshi.
    Last edited by vamshi2k1; 04-15-2008 at 01:37 AM.

Default Still waiting.......

hi vamsi

I attended H1b interview in november 2006 in London.Was given a 221(g).....reason was verification of my education.

one year 4 months later....

In March 2008 I received a mail from the consulate asking for my ppt I send ppt then get a mail to fill up ds156 and 157..................I am still waiting with fingers crossed.......

so all the best
    pipedream

Default Please respond.

Hi Seniors,

Please reply.

Regards,
    Vamshi.

Quote Originally Posted by vamshi2k1
    Hi Friends,

I attended H1B interview at chennai consulate in the month of Nov-06 at that time I got 221G .I submitted requested documents thru drop box in March 2007.In July 07 consulate sent white form thru courier stating that my application sent back to USCIS as my employer unable to provide employment to me.

On 24th Feb'08 I got following update as a mail from uscis.

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing.

On February 22, 2008, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

I got above reply from USCIS(as mail update) almost one month back (Feb22nd).But there is no further update.When I checked with US consulate, Chennai they have told to come any TUE/WED/THU with re-approved petition.

Please clarify below:
    1)How much time would take by USCIS to send re-approved pettion?(Because its almost 50 days passed )

2)What will be the chances for getting visa?

3)Can we follow-up with USCIS in this regard?If so pls point the contact # or mail id.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.Really appreciate your support.

Regards,
    Vamshi.

As the case was reaffirmed, there is nothing to do with USCIS anymore . You should be getting the visa soon. You can contact the embassy that sent you the email to submit the PP.

I got this mail almost 50 days back.After that there is no reply from consulate.When I cotacted consulate in this regard, they replied below:

In accordance with current regulations, we cannot proceed with a visa issuance based on information from the website. Per 9 Foreign Affairs Manual 41.53 N9.1, "The basis for H visa issuance consists of an approved Form I-129, Petition for a nonimmigrant worker, telegraphic, e-mail or telephonic notification from DHS or the Department of the approval of such a petition, or a Form I-797, Notice of Action, presented by the visa applicant." Therefore, please get the reaffirmed approval document (Form I-797) and appear in person on any Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday between 10 a.m. and 12 noon. Please check the holiday list in our website.

When checked with my employer , they have not received any re-approved petition from USCIS.They are contacting USCIS in this regard.

In this situation, whom we should contact,how to follow-up further in this regard.Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Vamshi

I've seen another case like yours on the forum about the consulate asking for the reaffirmed notice of action. Your employer/attorney should have got it or could contact USCIS with regards to that.

Default Hi, Abt USCIS

Hi Vamshi,

We are sailing in the same boat, can u give ur mail ID and contact number so we can communicate each other

I hope to here from u soon........

Thanks& Regards,
    Ratan

Hi Ratan,

I did't get any feedback from USCIS till now.When I cotacted Chennai consulate, they were saying to come with re-approved petition(i-797) from USCIS for interview on any day from TUE-THU (10 am to 12pm).

Still awaiting for positive result.

You can mail me at vamshi2k1@yahoo.com.

Regards,
    Vamshi.

I have contacted my employer about getting this re-affirmed petition from USCIS.Till now employer did't get that document.

He raised a ticket with USCIS for getting this re-approved document for my petition.As per him, USCIS should revert back with in 45 days.

Hoping positive reply with god grace.

Regards,
    Vamshi.

Default Visa Stamped after Reaffirmed Petition

Hi All,
    I got my H1b visa Stamped after long struggle. Last year October 2010, I was issued 221g where Chennai US Consulate had sent my petition back to USCIS for review. After 8 months, USCIS REAFFIRMED my petition. Last week I went for Visa interview again and today I got my Passport with VISA Stamped.
    Chennai US Consulate did not send the Original Petition along with my Passport.
    What should I do now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast