Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition returned to USCIS, after 8 months got reapproved.Please advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition returned to USCIS, after 8 months got reapproved.Please advice.

Hi Friends,

I attended H1B interview at chennai consulate in the month of Nov-06 at that time I got 221G .I submitted requested documents thru drop box in March 2007.In July 07 consulate sent white form thru courier stating that my application sent back to USCIS as my employer unable to provide employment to me.

On 24th Feb'08 I got following update as a mail from uscis.

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing.

On February 22, 2008, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

I got above reply from USCIS(as mail update) almost one month back (Feb22nd).But there is no further update.When I checked with US consulate, Chennai they have told to come any TUE/WED/THU with re-approved petition.

Please clarify below:
    1)How much time would take by USCIS to send re-approved pettion?(Because its almost 50 days passed )

2)What will be the chances for getting visa?

3)Can we follow-up with USCIS in this regard?If so pls point the contact # or mail id.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.Really appreciate your support.

Regards,
    Vamshi.
    Last edited by vamshi2k1; 04-15-2008, 01:37 AM.

Still waiting.......

hi vamsi

I attended H1b interview in november 2006 in London.Was given a 221(g).....reason was verification of my education.

one year 4 months later....

In March 2008 I received a mail from the consulate asking for my ppt I send ppt then get a mail to fill up ds156 and 157..................I am still waiting with fingers crossed.......

so all the best
    pipedream

Comment

Please respond.

Hi Seniors,

Please reply.

Regards,
      Vamshi.

Originally posted by vamshi2k1
      Hi Friends,

I attended H1B interview at chennai consulate in the month of Nov-06 at that time I got 221G .I submitted requested documents thru drop box in March 2007.In July 07 consulate sent white form thru courier stating that my application sent back to USCIS as my employer unable to provide employment to me.

On 24th Feb'08 I got following update as a mail from uscis.

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing.

On February 22, 2008, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

I got above reply from USCIS(as mail update) almost one month back (Feb22nd).But there is no further update.When I checked with US consulate, Chennai they have told to come any TUE/WED/THU with re-approved petition.

Please clarify below:
      1)How much time would take by USCIS to send re-approved pettion?(Because its almost 50 days passed )

2)What will be the chances for getting visa?

3)Can we follow-up with USCIS in this regard?If so pls point the contact # or mail id.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.Really appreciate your support.

Regards,
      Vamshi.

Comment

As the case was reaffirmed, there is nothing to do with USCIS anymore . You should be getting the visa soon. You can contact the embassy that sent you the email to submit the PP.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I got this mail almost 50 days back.After that there is no reply from consulate.When I cotacted consulate in this regard, they replied below:

In accordance with current regulations, we cannot proceed with a visa issuance based on information from the website. Per 9 Foreign Affairs Manual 41.53 N9.1, "The basis for H visa issuance consists of an approved Form I-129, Petition for a nonimmigrant worker, telegraphic, e-mail or telephonic notification from DHS or the Department of the approval of such a petition, or a Form I-797, Notice of Action, presented by the visa applicant." Therefore, please get the reaffirmed approval document (Form I-797) and appear in person on any Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday between 10 a.m. and 12 noon. Please check the holiday list in our website.

When checked with my employer , they have not received any re-approved petition from USCIS.They are contacting USCIS in this regard.

In this situation, whom we should contact,how to follow-up further in this regard.Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
          Vamshi

Comment

I've seen another case like yours on the forum about the consulate asking for the reaffirmed notice of action. Your employer/attorney should have got it or could contact USCIS with regards to that.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi, Abt USCIS

Hi Vamshi,

We are sailing in the same boat, can u give ur mail ID and contact number so we can communicate each other

I hope to here from u soon........

Thanks& Regards,
              Ratan

Comment

Hi Ratan,

I did't get any feedback from USCIS till now.When I cotacted Chennai consulate, they were saying to come with re-approved petition(i-797) from USCIS for interview on any day from TUE-THU (10 am to 12pm).

Still awaiting for positive result.

You can mail me at [email protected].

Regards,
                Vamshi.

Comment

I have contacted my employer about getting this re-affirmed petition from USCIS.Till now employer did't get that document.

He raised a ticket with USCIS for getting this re-approved document for my petition.As per him, USCIS should revert back with in 45 days.

Hoping positive reply with god grace.

Regards,
                  Vamshi.

Comment

Visa Stamped after Reaffirmed Petition

Hi All,
                    I got my H1b visa Stamped after long struggle. Last year October 2010, I was issued 221g where Chennai US Consulate had sent my petition back to USCIS for review. After 8 months, USCIS REAFFIRMED my petition. Last week I went for Visa interview again and today I got my Passport with VISA Stamped.
                    Chennai US Consulate did not send the Original Petition along with my Passport.
                    What should I do now?

Comment

Write a letter to the consulate and ask them for the original approval notice. You will need that to show at the POE. You can also talk to VFS helpdesk and they will guide you correctly.

Originally posted by reaffirmedvisa View Post
                      Chennai US Consulate did not send the Original Petition along with my Passport. What should I do now?
                      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin143

Comment

orwarded your case with details of the interview to USCIS for their review

Originally posted by reaffirmedvisa View Post
                          Hi All,
                          I got my H1b visa Stamped after long struggle. Last year October 2010, I was issued 221g where Chennai US Consulate had sent my petition back to USCIS for review. After 8 months, USCIS REAFFIRMED my petition. Last week I went for Visa interview again and today I got my Passport with VISA Stamped.
                          Chennai US Consulate did not send the Original Petition along with my Passport.
                          What should I do now?

==========================

My case orwarded your case with details of the interview to USCIS for their review

Any update

attended H1b interview on 23-Dec-2015. Asked normal questions and took passport and i 129 said we will contact YOU

Again I was asked to attend for interview again on 29-Dec-2015, submitted my original educational documents as requested.

On 10 January 2016 embassy returned all originals that was kept for the while.

I have not received any instruction mail or any receipt after my interview, I have checked my status in CEAC website still showing Admin process and last updated 31 Dec 2015.

Visa officer said not approved and not rejected we need to verify the case so we are sending back to USCIS and also i got mail from embassy below .

--------------
                          The interviewing officer was not able to approve your non-immigrant H1B visa. He has therefore forwarded your case with details of the interview to USCIS for their review. If USCIS affirms the case, consular staff will contact you regarding further processing.
                          -------------------

- - - Updated - - -

attended H1b interview on 23-Dec-2015. Asked normal questions and took passport and i 129 said we will contact YOU

Again I was asked to attend for interview again on 29-Dec-2015, submitted my original educational documents as requested.

I have not received any instruction mail or any receipt after my interview, I have checked my status in CEAC website still showing Admin process and last updated 31 Dec 2015.

Visa officer said not approved and not rejected we need to verify the case so we are sending back to USCIS and also i got mail from embassy below .

--------------
                          The interviewing officer was not able to approve your non-immigrant H1B visa. He has therefore forwarded your case with details of the interview to USCIS for their review. If USCIS affirms the case, consular staff will contact you regarding further processing.
                          -------------------

Comment

Any Updates ?

Originally posted by AThma View Post
                            ==========================

My case orwarded your case with details of the interview to USCIS for their review

Any update

--------------
                            -------------------

- - - Updated - - -

--------------
                            -------------------

Hi AThma,

My case is very similar to yours. My Visa was refused in Dec 2015 and petition sent back to USCIS for further review. Online status still shows that my case is still under review. Can you update me about your case status, please.

Thanks
                            Rahul

Comment

My case was also sent for review and possible revocation. this was in 2011, i cam to US on h4 and then converted to h1b. I filled another petetion and got my i140 approved too after that.
                              I received only one letter from consulate for review and possible revocation.
                              My petetion still shows is approved in USCIS case tracker. Now i want to go to india for visa stamping , not sure what to write in DS 160 Visa refusal question.
                              Was my visa denied or refused? Technically i didnt get any intimation from USCIS. Can someone please advise?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X