Taking LCD TV to India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking used LED TV to India

I am having 3 yrs old 46 inch used LED TV. I am planning to check-in along with the baggage (pay extra cost). Do I still need to pay custom duty for this used TV? I can show the receipt for proof. Also I see that this TV is not in production now.

Comment

Taking LED TV to India

Originally posted by saravana24babu View Post
      I am having 3 yrs old 46 inch used LED TV. I am planning to check-in along with the baggage (pay extra cost). Do I still need to pay custom duty for this used TV? I can show the receipt for proof. Also I see that this TV is not in production now.

You will have to pay custom duty in India. Custom officers have a chart and they will charge you based on how old your TV is. You will be charged 10-15% of the purchase price. Since you have the original receipt, you will be charged on the price in receipt.
      You should calculate the total cost of your TV i.e. [Purchase Price+baggage charge+Custom] and decide based on that if you are saving a significant amount of money by taking the TV to India. I, personally took a 55" UHD 4K TV to India and after all the charges, I saved a lot as compared to the same TV price in India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X