Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same situation for us

Hi,
    We are in the same situation. My wife's passport expires end of Dec and CGISF is unable to renew it on time and we are now planning on getting it renewed in India. We are traveling by Singapore airlines on Dec 3. Will there be an issue?

Comment

My passport is expiring in APR 2011 ...need to travel to India in March 2011..

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      Should not be a problem at all. Passport validity of min of 6 months is only for visa stamping, not for travel.
      -----------
      Hi,

Am GC - (green card) holder. My passport is going to expire in April 2011. I have to go to India in March for my bro's wedding. I will back to US in March itself. I will apply for passport renewal after I come back... Please advise if its all ok.

1. Do I need to get my passport renewed now itself..before I go to India..
      am worried because not sure how long consulate will take to revert back with new passport...even though it says passport renewed on "4th business day".

Can someone with similar situation .. please share their experience.

My worry is that what if at India they do not allow us to board the flight saying that my passport is valid for less than 6 months.???

Please help !!

(I called consulate office n # of times...doesn't help..they do not pick the calls.)

Thanks
      Ruby

Comment

We are also in same situation...

Originally posted by sumitpendharkar View Post
        Hi,
        We are in the same situation. My wife's passport expires end of Dec and CGISF is unable to renew it on time and we are now planning on getting it renewed in India. We are traveling by Singapore airlines on Dec 3. Will there be an issue?
        Can you please let us know what happened? I need to travel from Feb 26 to Mar 26 and passport is expiring in June 2011.

Thanks Much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LuvMyIndia View Post
          Can you please let us know what happened? I need to travel from Feb 26 to Mar 26 and passport is expiring in June 2011.

Thanks Much!!!
          i'm in the same situation.. have to travel to india in Feb/march 2012 and passport is expiring in june 2012. can you let me know if you had any issues? I also have to get the permanent address changed on the passport. so i'm not sure how long it would take to renew.

Comment

passport is going to expire

hey guys please help me here , my indian passport is going to expire on august 25 2012 and have valid usa permanent resident ( green card ) and have plans to visit india really urgent . please someone suggest it could be any problem if visit india this month and come back next month to usa before passport expire , i email to indian embassy houston regarding this matter but still get no response .
            thanks
            kumar

Comment

Verified with the CBP as well as with CGI Houston. You only need a valid (non-expired) passport and a valid greencard to re-enter the USA. Does not matter when your passport expires as long as it is valid at the time of re-entry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X