Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hi Venudhar,

Thanks for the posting.

Do we need to notorize the affidavit signed by you?

Thanks
    Chandra

Default What other docs required to apply for Minor passport?

Hi All,

This thread gave me lot of information to get Minor's passport. I have few more questions.

(1) I was in Chennai before coming to US and my renewed passport is showing Chennai address. Now, my family is in Hyd along with my parents. Can my wife apply for my baby's passport in Hyd OR does she need to apply in Chennai ?

(2) What other documents are required to be submitted along with Sworn Affidavit and Birth Certificate ?

(3) To which address, my baby's passport would be delivered?

Your clarification is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Red face to apply passport for minor

Hi,

This thread gave me lot of information to get Minor's passport.

To get affidavit from indian consulate:

Required documents:
    1. Take filled affidavit form with your signature (two copies).
    2. Take passport original and photocopy (two photos copies).
    3. Take 10$ fee.

Process:
    1. Go early hours and get the token.
    2. Wait for your turn and submit all the docs above mentioned.
    3. For me they told that come and collect the letter at 12'O clock.

Apply minor passport in india
    1. Submit the application form in online and get the appointment.
    2. Take the affidavit original letter which was given in indian consulate.
    3. Take your spouse passport.
    4. mention the spouse passport address in the application, they will send the passport to applied address.

Thanks!!

Red face reply your query

(1) I was in Chennai before coming to US and my renewed passport is showing Chennai address. Now, my family is in Hyd along with my parents. Can my wife apply for my baby's passport in Hyd OR does she need to apply in Chennai ?

Your passport address is not a problem. If your wife passport is showing HYD address, then she can apply in HYD.
    You are not in india, so your wife passport address is important.

(2) What other documents are required to be submitted along with Sworn Affidavit and Birth Certificate ?

Other than you mentioned your wife passport required.

(3) To which address, my baby's passport would be delivered?

To applied address.

Thanks.

Default Can i alone go to india and apply passport for my kid

hi all,

Can some one pls help me..Me and my husband both stay in different places in UK.I need to apply for passport for my kid who is in INDIA.
    My husband cant come to india present situation.I alone need to go and apply a passport for him. Can some one pls let me know the process what to be followed in UK and in INDIA.

Default Applying for Minor passport - Father in US and Mother in India Visa extn pending

Hi,

I want to apply for passport in India for my daughter (Who is born in india) and she is now with my spouse in India.

I have applied for visa extension and as per the documents required on Indian Commision site they need receipt notice of
    Visa extension as well handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status). I am not sure what shall I write in a handwritten note? Can any one help me on this.

Per my understanding documents required are below

1. Miscellaneous Services Form
    2. Notorized affidavit fillld form
    3. Current passport in original and photocopy of the first five pages and last two pages of the current passport.
    4. I-797 (Copy of the receipt notice)
    5. Driving Licence /Eletricity bill

6. Two cashiers check of $10 and $20 for fee and return mail payable to Embassy of India - Washington DC.
    7. Cashiers check of $3 payable to Embassy of India- Washington DC for Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF)
    8. handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status

I am concerned about document #8. Please help.
    I am staying in orlando and have to apply through mail so little concern with all documents
    Last edited by sandip.rane@gmail.com; 11-01-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Default Can go alone

Quote Originally Posted by rajeswaridevi View Post
    hi all,

Can some one pls help me..Me and my husband both stay in different places in UK.I need to apply for passport for my kid who is in INDIA.
    My husband cant come to india present situation.I alone need to go and apply a passport for him. Can some one pls let me know the process what to be followed in UK and in INDIA.
    Yes of course, one parent going to India should be more than enough. If your husband stays back and you are going then you will need an Affidavit from you husband.

Affidavit - It is the sworn document from the male parent declaring that the child's passport is being applied in India by his spouse with his consent.
    WHY: The passport office in India asks for it as a legal proof to confirm that the childs passport is being applied, with the consent of the father living abroad.
    HOW: I am in US, but the process obviously should remain the same. You need to get the filled Affidavit form attested from the local Indian Consulate nearby.
    WHAT:
    1. You will need to fill in the Affidavit form for Child's passport and an Application form-with passport photo affixed (for miscelleneous services - marking the required category, i.e. for Child/Minor passport in India or something similar). These forms will be available in your nearby consulate website.
    2. You will need to submit documents (Notarised photocopy) -
    a. Father's passport (I think first 5 pages and last 3 pages) & Visa page,
    b. Local(UK) Residence proof -Lease agreement or document of house if owned
    c. Photo ID(Driving License, etc.)
    d. Child's birth certificate - ATTESTED IN INDIA - scanned copy should be enough)

3. Probably you will need to get additional copy of Affidavit form and get both original and copy notarised, before applying to consulate for attestation.
    4. Nominal fees whatever specified in the consulate site.
    WHERE:
    You(your husband) go to the nearest consulate with these documents and application and get the Affidavit form attested or it by postal they will need the original passport also to be sent along with the other documents. So better to go in person.
    So, search for more details in and regarding the nearest Indian consulate at your Husband's locale and get started.
    Beware:When applying for the passport in India, take care that the address in your passport and the Child's passport application are matching.

As I looked into, there seems to be 3 consulates in UK.

All the Best!
    -Suresh
    Last edited by pass2pgsb; 11-13-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sandip.rane@gmail.com View Post
    Hi,

I want to apply for passport in India for my daughter (Who is born in india) and she is now with my spouse in India.

I have applied for visa extension and as per the documents required on Indian Commision site they need receipt notice of
    Visa extension as well handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status). I am not sure what shall I write in a handwritten note? Can any one help me on this.

Per my understanding documents required are below

1. Miscellaneous Services Form
    2. Notorized affidavit fillld form
    3. Current passport in original and photocopy of the first five pages and last two pages of the current passport.
    4. I-797 (Copy of the receipt notice)
    5. Driving Licence /Eletricity bill

6. Two cashiers check of $10 and $20 for fee and return mail payable to Embassy of India - Washington DC.
    7. Cashiers check of $3 payable to Embassy of India- Washington DC for Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF)
    8. handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status

I am concerned about document #8. Please help.
    I am staying in orlando and have to apply through mail so little concern with all documents
    I suggest you to better go to this link and then into the nearest consulate website and look for consular services or consular miscelleneous services.

You have to apply at the consulate which is applicable to you. So check that also and then apply(check thru "Consular Jurisdiction from 1st October 2012" tab on the right)
    And again Jurisdictions for Visa related processes and Passport & Miscelleneous services vary. So be cautious.
    I guess excluding the website of the Indian Consulate at Houston all other Consulates have a clear and better website to look into details.

All the Best !
    -Suresh

Question Clarification

Hi

I am currently in US

I am trying to get the AFFIDAVITS FOR CHILDS PASSPORT TO BE ISSUED IN INDIA

I have other doccuments ready
    But not able to understand what "The Affidavit form needs to be notarized" means
    do I have to get the same on a stamp paper?
    if yes what value?
    If no what does this mean
    How can I get the same here in US

thanks
    Sam

Default minor passport in india when parent is in abroad

Hi,

Please can some one tell the procedure to take the affdavit from indian consultae houston by in person or through mail from my daughter.she is staying with my spouse in india.

Thanks
    Maddy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast