Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor passport in India when Parent is in abroad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor passport in india when parent is in abroad

Hi,

I need to apply passport for my daughter( 11months) in India, my family is in India and I am in US. Looks like we need to send a letter to Indian embassy in US and get it attested and then send to India to submit along with passport application?

Can anyone share what all needs to be done.

I am calling several times to Indian consulate but as usual no response.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi Vipul

Please do let me know the procedure as well if you have gone through the procedure now. You can also send the mail to [email protected].
      I need to apply for minor passport urgently.

Comment

Procedure for applying child passport in India

I hope this information will be useful.
        Hi,

I am posting my recent experience(26-Oct-2015) at the Indian consulate in NEW YORK for 'Affidavit for Child Passport to be issued in India' for the benefit of others.

My scenario:
        1) I am in the US on H1B whereas my wife and new-born baby are in India and my wife would be applying for our baby's passport in India.
        2) I went in-person to the NEW YORK consulate.

The consulate accepts applications till ~12 p.m and I walked into the consulate at 9.30 a.m. I did not have to take an appointment in advance. The whole process took just around 30 minutes.

Original documents I carried with me:
        1) Indian passport
        2) Affidavit document (attached) - Fill all the details
        3) Miscellaneous Services Form(download it from the Indian Embassy web site) (with my photo pasted)- Fill all the details

Copies of documents I carried with me:
        1) Copy of Passport first 4 pages and last 2 pages in my case
        2) Copy of H1B visa page on passport
        3) Copy of Affidavit form

Charges: $13 (Note: They won't accept credit/debit cards, No 100$ bills)

Upon payment, I was given a receipt for the same (the passport and all other documents mentioned above were retained by them).

The consulate stamped the notarized Affidavit form and returned it along with the original passport by 12.30 PM same day.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sarvesh, I'm planning to visit Indian Embassy NYC to get the 'Affidavit for Child Passport to be issued in India'. Saw your details which was helpful. Couple of queries from my end.

1) If I'm right total of $13 need to be paid as fees. Since we are going in person we can pay by cash right?

2) Affidavit document which we fill from the website need to be attested but not signed and the same should be presented in the Embassy. Did I state it correctly?

3) Should the Miscellaneous Services Form be attested as well?

4) I see the list of documents to carry should all the photo copied be attested?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Comment

Hello onlyforujana,

Please find the response below
            1) If I'm right total of $13 need to be paid as fees. Since we are going in person we can pay by cash right? --> Yes it should be paid by cash ( better take exact change to make your work quick)

2) Affidavit document which we fill from the website need to be attested but not signed and the same should be presented in the Embassy. Did I state it correctly?
            --> If you are not attesting -->Affidavit(sworn in certificate) need to be filled and signed, make a copy of it after signing.
            If you are attesting the document( i did it from Bank of America, they will do it for free) before going to the embassy, you have to sign before the bank of america employee. Take your passport to the Bank as well for verification, Make a copy after attestation from the bank is done

FYI- Attestation of the Sworn In Affidavit from the Bank is optional- I did this just because the counselor should not create any problem at the time of applying

3) Should the Miscellaneous Services Form be attested as well?- Not needed

4) I see the list of documents to carry should all the photo copied be attested?- Not needed
            Last edited by sarvesh1203; 10-27-2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks Sarvesh this was helpful. One final query. I only have soft copy of my kid birth certificate is that enough (or) it's mandatory to carry the original?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Thanks Sarvesh this was helpful. One final query. I only have soft copy of my kid birth certificate is that enough (or) it's mandatory to carry the original?
                sarvesh: Take a print out of the Birth Cert , no need of original B.C

Comment

Affidavit for child when both parents are abroad.

Hi mdsultana,

I am in a similar situation as you were earlier. My daughter is with her grand parents in India. Can you please guide me on the process for affidavit if both parents are in USA.
                  My email is [email protected].

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Originally posted by mdsultana View Post
                  Hello ,

I am searching for the information about how to get my Daughter's passport renew as she is in india with her grandparents and we both father and mother are here in US.She has to go for US Visa Stamping but since her Passport gets expire in August so first she needs to get her passport renew.

Please provide me some information about how to do this process when both the parents are abroad.

do we need to follow the same procedure as mentioned above .

But the sworn certificate attached above needs info about one parent and while the other will be in india to apply for kids passport.
                  what if both the parents are in abroad and Grand parents apply for her passport renewal?

Help me out by providing all the info.

Comment

Regarding attestation of supporting documents

Hi all,
                    I have collected all of the below mentioned documents. I have notarized the Sworn Affidavit form. For remaining photocopies of documents, the bank people said, they don't have right to notarize those documents. Is it compulsory to notarize the other documents (like, Kids birth certificate, Address proof). I don't have kids original birth certificate. Help is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by vipulkgosai View Post
                    Hi All,

Again i am posting on same thread. Let me explain you process in details.

First collect all documents
                    1) your kid's birth certificate (Ask ur family to send scan and attach in mail, prefered color otherwise b/w will do)
                    2) Your ID proof like license copy or valid government issued proof
                    3) your address proof like electricity bill, lease agreement
                    4) Most important Sworn Affidavit. Fill it and get it notorized in my previous post i hv attached.
                    5) Application Form. All embassy have application form for any kind of service. Here you are the applicant so fill ur details with ur photo. and tick last option.
                    6) Passport. If you are going in personal then better carry ur passport. But If ur sending through mail, then Ideally speaking its depends on embassy to embassy. But i hv heared from many people that notorized copy of all pages of ur passport will sufficient. In that case no need to send your original passport. During my time, i sent my original passport through mail. It is ok here to send your original passport through mail, but you have to make sure you are taking proper service from postal. Like they are giving some option like Receipt Authorization(this will tell you who has received your courier) and overnight delivery. You can track online. Only drawback here is embassy's processing time. Few embassy will take 3 days, one week or 3 week time (excluding holiday and weekends). So you have to patience.
                    7) A Copy of work authorization Letter like L1 approval or H1 Approval etc...
                    8) Fees. Generally $10 is application fees. chk ur embassy site. Issue Money Order. If you are sending through mail then $20 for overnight return service. so in that case 2 money order 1 for $10 and 2 for $20.
                    9) Not required but important one is letter to embassy for service

If you need any help i m still available on 704 906 2675
                    To,

The Consulate General Of India,
                    Indian Consulate,
                    [Washington , DC]

Sub : Application for Sworn Affidavit.

Dear Sir,

I am hereby submitting the application for Sworn Affidavit for my daughter’s passport.
                    The procedure given at your website is followed and all the required documents are also enclosed with.

I am staying in USA and my wife and daughter are staying in INDIA. My wife is applying for my daughter’s passport in INDIA.

In case need any further information or clarification; please do not hesitate to call me at [ YYYY X)

Thanking you in anticipation.

Your name
                    Enclosures:

1. My original current passport ( <Passport NO>)
                    2. Completed application Form.
                    3. Sworn Affidavit
                    4. Notarized Birth Certificate
                    5. Money Order of 30$ (inclusive $20 for overnight return service)
                    6. A Copy of Lease Agreement
                    7. A Copy of Lerner permit
                    8. A Copy of work authorization I-797 approval.

Comment

Recent Experience(31st Dec'15) with NY Indian Consulate

Friends,

Process to get Sworn affidavit in NY consulate is very simple. My case is that my wife and daughter are in India. My wife passport has my name as Spouse name(recently changed for applying daughter's passport).

1. Need to fill two forms(search in google for NY consulate forms. Every state Indian consulate has its own forms) -
                      Miscellaneous form(Tick "Others" as services required) with a photo. Carry an extra Miscellaneous form along with a photo.
                      Affidavit (2 copies) - Many Indian consulates require notarized affidavit but good thing its not required in NY Indian consulate.
                      2. Address proof - I am staying with friends so don't have electricity bill and have not applied for NJ driving licence. So in this case your bank statement will work.
                      3. ID Proof - If you don't have driving licence, carry your SSN.
                      4. Take a scan copy of your child notarized birth certificate.
                      5. Bring your original passport and also bring a xerox copy of your passport(first and last page). You can xerox it there inside the consulate.
                      6. Carry I-797(original) and I-94 copy.(They don't check but its better to carry)
                      7. Keep $13 change. No $100 or credit/debit card accepted.

Once you reach consulate. Take a serial number from security guard and wait for the electronic counter to display your number. Once your number comes give all above documents along with fees to a lady sitting at the counter. They will give you a receipt and you will be asked to come between 12:30 PM to 1 PM for collection. That's it.
                      Try to reach early between 8:45 - 9 AM as Miscellaneous services starts by 9:15 AM and completes by 11:30 AM EST.
                      Last edited by Amit Barik; 01-03-2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Indian Minor Passport for my Son, I am in Canada

Hi All,
                        I am residing in Toronto, Canada. Recently my wife (in INDIA) got her passport and my name is endorsed in it.
                        Now I am planning to apply passport for my Son (5 years). What is the affidavit that I need to send them to apply passport for my son and where can I get it attested in Ontario. Is it really required (as my name is endorsed in my wife's passport)

Please help.

Thanks in advance,
                        Sivakumar.

Comment

Minor passport in India when Parent is in abroad.

Hello All,

I'm applying for a passport for my baby in india. I saw in indianembassy.org, there are the docs we need. Do we need to send original passport if it is notarized. When I see in immhelp blog it is asking for different things. please let me know asap.

Washington DC
                          • Attach the following documents with the application form.
                          • Current passport in original and photocopy of the first five pages and last two pages of the current passport.
                          • Proof of your US Visa Statuscopy of any one of the following)
                          o Photocopy of the page containing visa on passport (H1B, H4 etc) and the copy of I-94
                          o Clear Photocopy of Green Card
                          o Employment Authorization Document (Work Permit)
                          o I-797, I-140 or I-20 (If approval copy of these notices are pending, also attach a handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status)
                          • Proof of current US residence address: (copy of any one of the following)
                          o U.S Driving license.
                          o Gas, Electricity, Water or landline telephone bill displaying applicant’s address
                          o House Lease Agreement
                          o State Identification Card
                          o Note: Bank/credit card/mobile phone statements are not accepted as residence proof
                          • The Affidavit form needs to be notarized - send original and a copy.
                          • In case the Embassy receives applications with incomplete documentation, the same would be sent back unprocessed in the return envelope sent by the applicant.

Comment

Sworn Affidavit at New York Counslate

Hi,

I am posting my recent experience(25-Jul-2016) at the Indian consulate in NEW YORK for 'Affidavit for Child Passport to be issued in India' for the benefit of others.

My scenario:
                            1) I am in the US on L1A visa whereas my wife and new-born baby are in India and my wife would be applying for our baby's passport in India.

The consulate accepts applications till ~12 p.m and I walked into the consulate at 8:45 a.m. I did not have to take an appointment in advance. The whole process took just around 30 minutes.

1) Indian passport + xerox copy of first and last page of my passport(You can take 1st 4pages Xerox and last 4 pages Xerox)
                            2) filled Affidavit document + 1 xerox copy of the same filled Affidavit document
                            3) Miscellaneous Services Form(download it from the Indian Embassy web site) (with my photo pasted)- Fill all the details
                            4)US Address proof:I took my bank statement.You can take electricity bill/utility bill.

Charges: $13

Upon payment, I was given a receipt for the same (the passport and all other documents mentioned above were retained by them).

The consulate stamped the notarized Affidavit form and returned it along with the original passport by 12.30 PM same day.

Comment

Hi Kapil,

Do we need to get the affidavit notarized even if we are going to the consulate in person?

Regards
                              R

Comment

Is birth certificate of baby required along with affidavit application?

Hi,

I found in some of the posts that notarized birth certificate of the baby is required along with other relevant forms.

But that's not mentioned in the consulate website of San Francisco.

Please provide info, as to if birth certificate of the baby is required?

Thanks
                                Sreekanth

Originally posted by mehtakapil View Post
                                Hi,

I am posting my recent experience(25-Jul-2016) at the Indian consulate in NEW YORK for 'Affidavit for Child Passport to be issued in India' for the benefit of others.

My scenario:
                                1) I am in the US on L1A visa whereas my wife and new-born baby are in India and my wife would be applying for our baby's passport in India.

The consulate accepts applications till ~12 p.m and I walked into the consulate at 8:45 a.m. I did not have to take an appointment in advance. The whole process took just around 30 minutes.

1) Indian passport + xerox copy of first and last page of my passport(You can take 1st 4pages Xerox and last 4 pages Xerox)
                                2) filled Affidavit document + 1 xerox copy of the same filled Affidavit document
                                4)US Address proof:I took my bank statement.You can take electricity bill/utility bill.

Charges: $13

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X