Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor passport in India when Parent is in abroad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest567 View Post
    Hi,

I am posting my recent experience at the Indian consulate in San Francisco for 'Affidavit for Childs Passport to be issued in India' for the benefit of others. Kindly note that the steps outlined by me do not guarantee a smooth process for others. Please use my advice at your own risk.

Link to SFO consulate's instructions: http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/162/236

My scenario:
    1) I am in the US on H1B whereas my wife and new-born baby are in India and my wife would be applying for our baby's passport in India.
    2) I went in-person to the SFO consulate.

The consulate accepts applications till 12 p.m and I walked into the consulate at 11 a.m. I did not have to take an appointment in advance. The whole process took just around 5 - 10 minutes.

Original documents I carried with me:
    1) Indian passport
    2) Electricity bill (for proof of address)
    3) Miscellaneous Services Form (with my photo pasted)
    4) Affidavit form (this document needs to be notarized, as per the instructions. I notarized mine at Bank of America. I have an account with Bank of America; hence was not charged anything for the service. As an alternative, there are public notaries who would notarize for a small fee, generally $10 in SFO. I filled up most of the form at home, but did not sign it at home. Please note that the form has to be signed in the presence of the officer notarizing the document).

Copies of documents I carried with me:
    1) Copy of first 5 pages and last 2 pages of my passport
    2) Copy of H1B visa page on passport
    3) Copy of I-94
    4) Copy of notarized Affidavit form
    5) Copy of electricity bill

Charges: $26 ( Breakup - $20 (non-refundable fee) + $3 (Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF) fee) + $3 (Debit card fee))

Upon payment, I was given a receipt for the same and only the original electricity bill was returned to me (the passport and all other documents mentioned above were retained by them).

The consulate stamped the notarized Affidavit form and returned it along with the original passport that same evening. The collection timings at SFO are from 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.

Regards,
    Hi,

I'm in similar situation. I'm wondering how many days will it take if I send the documents through mail. I also need to submit in SFO location.

Thanks,
    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andy197883 View Post
      Hi,

I'm in similar situation. I'm wondering how many days will it take if I send the documents through mail. I also need to submit in SFO location.

Thanks,
      Andy
      Thanks to the forum and especially Guest567, was able to get the authorization document on time.

Comment

Hi , need help

Originally posted by andy197883 View Post
        Thanks to the forum and especially Guest567, was able to get the authorization document on time.
        Hi,
        I'm facing same situation, my daughter is in India.
        We both parents are here in US.

Planning to take child's passport with my brother as
        guardian.

Do we need to carry any other documents like my brother's passport,
        in addition to documents listed above.

Please guide.

Thanks,
        Priya Bharat

Comment

Need Help

Originally posted by tunnu View Post
          Hi Iqbal,
          I am in a same situation like yours my 5 years old daughter is in India with my parents and we both( mother &father) are in California. Planning to get my daughter here and my parents need to apply for her passport in India. The affidavit format given on SFO embassy website is only for one parent who is in USA but we both parents are in USA and my parents in indis are applying for my daughters passport. Can you please share the affidavit format which we can use for both parents in USA and her grandparents applying for her passport in out behalf in India. Planning to hi town assay in Tuesday. You help will be appreciated.
          Hi Tunnu,

I'm facing same situation, my daughter is in India.
          We both parents are here in US.

Planning to take child's passport with my brother as
          guardian.

Do we need to carry any other documents like my brother's passport,
          in addition to documents listed above.

Please guide.

Thanks,
          Priya Bharat

Comment

Passport renewal for my kid

Dear friends,

I have an query about renewal of passport for my son, last 3 weeks back he has traveled to India for vacation and returning back to USA on Feb
            His passport will be expired on 1st week of June 2017 as per the US immigration policy passport should be valid for alteast 6 month to enter in the USA, so that planning to renew my son’s ( age 5 )passport at my India itself

I have read couple of thread, to apply passport renewal application need submit annexure G to get attestation from Indian embassy if one of the parent is in abroad

Can you pls share the process and list of document to be submitted to Indian embassy

Queries :

1. I m in Kentucky so traveling to Washington DC is too far, so that can I send copy of passport attested by notary public is enough do I need send the original passport ? ( I also having some international travels in coming weeks so if I send the passport it will be difficult )

2. In Annexure G mentioned that the non judicial stamp paper attested by notary public is required ? Do I need to fill the annexure G in judicial stamp paper only or white paper is sufficient ?

3. Once I get the annexure G from Indian embassy, do I need to send to India to carry to the passport office ?

Pls suggest

Thanks ,

Prabu

Originally posted by mehtakapil View Post
            Hi,

I am posting my recent experience(25-Jul-2016) at the Indian consulate in NEW YORK for 'Affidavit for Child Passport to be issued in India' for the benefit of others.

My scenario:
            1) I am in the US on L1A visa whereas my wife and new-born baby are in India and my wife would be applying for our baby's passport in India.
            2) I went in-person to the NEW YORK consulate.

The consulate accepts applications till ~12 p.m and I walked into the consulate at 8:45 a.m. I did not have to take an appointment in advance. The whole process took just around 30 minutes.

Original documents I carried with me:
            1) Indian passport + xerox copy of first and last page of my passport(You can take 1st 4pages Xerox and last 4 pages Xerox)
            2) filled Affidavit document + 1 xerox copy of the same filled Affidavit document
            3) Miscellaneous Services Form(download it from the Indian Embassy web site) (with my photo pasted)- Fill all the details
            4)US Address proof:I took my bank statement.You can take electricity bill/utility bill.

Charges: $13

Upon payment, I was given a receipt for the same (the passport and all other documents mentioned above were retained by them).

The consulate stamped the notarized Affidavit form and returned it along with the original passport by 12.30 PM same day.

Comment

Do sworn affidavit is mandatory ?

I am in USA and wife and kid are in India. They are applying for passport in India. I want to know whether sworn affidavit is mandatory? Becuase in one of FAQ, I found in case sworn affidavit cannot be arranged by father they can go for Annexure G. Can someone applied through that ?

In case of minor's passport, whose father is abroad, is it mandatory to obtain father's consent to apply for the child's passport? If so, what is the procedure?
              A: If parent(s) of the minor holds a valid passport, then attested photocopy of passport needs to be submitted along with the application form. Spouse name should be endorsed on the parent's passport. If parent(s) hold a valid passport, but spouse name is not endorsed, then they must get the spouse name added in their passport. For this, they have to apply for re-issue of passport and get the specified change done in personal particulars. If father is abroad, then a sworn affidavit attested by the Indian mission along with attested photocopy of passport needs to be submitted OR Annexure G can be submitted by mother (in case sworn affidavit cannot be arranged by the father). To see the format of Annexure G, please click on "Annexures/Affidavits" link on Home page.

Thanks,
              Pradeep K

Comment

Applied for sworn affidavit before 3 weeks

I applied for sworn affidavit through post to Washigton DC indian embassy. Post reached them by Dec 27, 2016.

Today is Jan 12, 2017.

Still no reply or any notifications from them. Can anybody help me on this. Do they have any customer care number to make an enquiry, bcoz i sent my original passport in mail. Or how many days i have to wait to get my reply mail from them.

Anybody help, thanks in advance.

Comment

Please help

Originally posted by sarvesh1203 View Post
                  sarvesh: Take a print out of the Birth Cert , no need of original B.C
                  I needed to renew my kids passports in India.
                  I see many posts where they have said we need to take MISCELLANEOUS APPLICATION FORM and FORM OF AFFIDAVIT TO BE SUBMITTED BY THE PARENT(S) STAYING ABROAD ( ignore the caps)

What exactly is being attested at the Consul? I am totally lost and confused.
                  It says A non-refundable fee of $13 (thirteen) per attestation?

Could you please help me understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sanjeyprabu View Post
                  Dear friends,

I have an query about renewal of passport for my son, last 3 weeks back he has traveled to India for vacation and returning back to USA on Feb
                  His passport will be expired on 1st week of June 2017 as per the US immigration policy passport should be valid for alteast 6 month to enter in the USA, so that planning to renew my son’s ( age 5 )passport at my India itself

I have read couple of thread, to apply passport renewal application need submit annexure G to get attestation from Indian embassy if one of the parent is in abroad

Can you pls share the process and list of document to be submitted to Indian embassy

Queries :

1. I m in Kentucky so traveling to Washington DC is too far, so that can I send copy of passport attested by notary public is enough do I need send the original passport ? ( I also having some international travels in coming weeks so if I send the passport it will be difficult )

2. In Annexure G mentioned that the non judicial stamp paper attested by notary public is required ? Do I need to fill the annexure G in judicial stamp paper only or white paper is sufficient ?

3. Once I get the annexure G from Indian embassy, do I need to send to India to carry to the passport office ?

Pls suggest

Thanks ,

Prabu
                  Hi,

Where you able to get the passport renewed. Can you kindly help me understand the steps you took for it. ?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by vishal27580 View Post
                  Hello Guys,

I know we all are in same situation and my question is different.
                  My Son and wife was here in US till May 2015
                  Went to India and my Son's passport is expiring in Jan 2016, so we planned to get in it renewed in India. I got sworn affidavit from Houston based Indian consulate as I am in India
                  my son been living in US for last 3 years.
                  Now my question is while filling application for re-issuing passport in India, what we should answer to below mentioned question.
                  Is your present address out of India?
                  if YES then we need to give US address right?
                  if NO then we need to give India address mentioned in previous passport?

Thank you
                  Hello Vishal,

Could you kindly explain the process you went through to get your child's passport renewed?

Thanks!

Comment

Affidavit for childs passport renewal in India

This is my experience:

I had a hard time trying to put all the information I needed to get this affidavit done for both my kids. So, I thought I would share my experience here, hopefully this will help someone in need. T…

Comment

Experience on oci minor with expired passport

Please tell us if any of you travelling to Mumbai with minor passport reissued and old Oci in march 2017

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X